Errors Converting DOC to PDF

We're using Aspose.Words and Aspose.PDF to convert word documents to PDFs server-side on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. We have 2 documents which once converted are causing Acrobat Reader to generate errors:

Document 1

In Acrobat Reader 6/7 we get the following errors:

An unrecognized token ‘-7.629395E-06’ was found.
An unrecognized token ‘3.814697E-06’ was found.

In Acrobate Reader 8 this becomes:

An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem.

and then:

Too few operands

Document 2

In Acrobat Reader 6 we get the following error:

An error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (135).

Can anyone provide any pointers as to how we might go about troubleshooting this?

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please make sure you are using the latest version of Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf. If it still won’t work please provide the two documents and let us test them.

Thanks for the quick reply. We updated to the latest version, so we’re ok on that front. I’ve been trying to add the documents as an attachment but I’m struggling to get the upload working. Can I email them to you?

I’m still having problems uploading files - is there any other way I can send you these files?

To share your file with us, please follow the steps mentioned in the following article on how to share a document in a forum post:

Thanks. I've emailed those, you should receive them shortly.

Hi,

I have tested the documents that you provided and was able to reproduce the error. I have logged this as PDFNET-4403 in our issue tracking system. We will try our best to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your patience and sorry for replying you so late.

The new versions of Aspose.Words provide the capability to convert word files into PDF format without using Aspose.Pdf (you only need Aspose.Words to render the word files into PDF). During my testing, I have observed that both the resultant PDF's are properly being viewed with Adobe Reader 7.0. Please try using this new approach and in case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Please visit the following link for further information on How-to: Convert a Document to PDF