Errors saving Excel - little help?

Hi,
we are using aspose.cells for entering data into Excel files.
I have an already formatted spreadsheet that I basically just programmatically enter data into cells, in my application.
Seems pretty simple, but I get this error everytime I try to save/open the file that i have attached: I dont even load any data into the cells yet, i’m just opening the ‘template’.

here’s the code snippet:

ExcelDesigner designer = new ExcelDesigner();
designer.Excel.Open(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath(string.Empty) + USSFile);
Excel excel = designer.Excel;
excel .Save(filename, SaveType.OpenInExcel, FileFormatType.Default, Page.Response);

ERROR:
Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log

Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\wood.doug\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\2ZNGCKVM\USS_4282008[1].xls’
The following is a list of repairs:

Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.

Got any ideas ?

Thank you !!

Hi,

Well, since you are using some older version of Aspose.Cells / Excel. I have checked your file and tested with the latest version of Aspose.Cells (4.4.3: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.cells/entry121851.aspx), I have found that your file contains BIFF7(Excel95 or earlier file format) records / values. Aspose.Cells only supports BIFF8 or greater formats (Ms Excel 97 - MS Excel 2007). After convering the template file to BIFF8 format, the file opened, filled data into the cells and saved fine using Aspose.Cells (latest hotfix 4.4.3: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.cells/entry121851.aspx). So, you should try the following steps before using Aspose.Cells APIs:

1. Open the template file into MS Excel e.g., version 2003.

2. Click File|Save As ... menu option to save as the file, the save as file type should be "Microsoft Office Excel Workbook (*.xls) ".

Additional notes:

The latest Aspose.Cells component is more reliable, stable and prosperous with enhanced and advanced functionality. I think there is not much labor involved upgrading to the newer Aspose.Cells. However, when you upgrade to the newer Aspose.Cells. Some APIs (classes, struct, enumerations) are added based on some advanced features that we now offer, the previous classes (with their members) are retained and optimised but a few classes are renamed, some additional members (properties, methods etc.) are also included of the classes with a very few excluded.

Following is the classes list which are renamed:

1. Excel class is replaced by Workbook class.

2. ExcelDesigner class is replaced by WorkbookDesigner class.

3. ExcelHelper class is replaced by CellsHelper class.

For more info, please check the Aspose.Cells Documentation with APIs: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/index.html

Thank you.