ESRI File Geodatabase AttributeDataType short

Hi ,
We have to deliver a Esri File Geodatabase with exact specification conserning datatypes used in the layer.

Is it possible to have a AttribuuteDataType “short” ?

In Enum AttributeDataType | Aspose.GIS for .NET API Reference shows all the available datatatypes , but there is no datatype short that is used by the Esri File Geodatabase .

Can this be done using the Precision atribute ? like " AttributeDataType.Integer) {Precision=1} "

Regards,
Mehmet

Hi, @mcanavar

I need to explore your request. I’ll be back with an answer in a couple of days.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your idea, I’ve been thinking about it. I suggest adding a new 'explain ’ field that will explain the attribute.

Hi,
I’m looking forward to your solution. This would help us to comply to the terms of data delivery.

Regards…
Mehmet

Thanks, Mehmet

1 Like

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): GISNET-1410

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi @Evgeniy.Timofeev,

Do I need or you suggest paid support for this issue to be resolved? No rush on my side for now, but it is a good addition to the product that will benefit all I think. .

Regards,
Mehmet

Sorry, this is an auto message.

I usually attach the issue number to the topic to link with our backtracking system. Now such automessages have begun to appear.

I included the implementation of this task for the first quarter of this year.

1 Like

Hi, @mcanavar
We made fix for this. Please try our last release.

Thanks.

Hi @Alexander.Matveev,

Looking at the docs : Enum AttributeDataType | Aspose.GIS for .NET API Reference
Seems like this has not been changed ?

Is there any doc’s or example on how to use this change address a “short” datatype.

Regards,
/Mehmet

Hi, @mcanavar

We added a new ‘TypeName’ field that explain the attribute type. So, we didn’t expand enum ‘AttributeDataType’ and docs about it has not been changed. When Gdb file is reading the ‘TypeName’ field is set depend on ‘GdbFieldType’ of column of file.
So, if ‘GdbFieldType’ is ‘Int16’ then we set the ‘TypeName’ field is ‘Short’.
Other example, if ‘GdbFieldType’ is ‘Xml’ then we set the ‘TypeName’ field is ‘Xml’.

will this solution useful for you ?

Thanks.