Evaluate Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services

Hello, I work for a nonprofit organization and we would like to be able to add barcodes to reports in SSRS. We are interested in purchasing Aspose.Barcode for Reporting Services so I have downloaded the evaluation version using the MSI installer and entered the temporary license key I got on your website. The download was successful and I followed all of the instructions, however, it doesn’t seem to work as simply as the Quickstart Tutorial suggests. I finally figured out how to make the “Aspose BarCode” tool appear in my SSRS toolbox, however, when I drag and drop it into a report column I get the message, "The custom report item type BarCode is not installed." I have looked for answers to this problem in your forums but haven’t found anything helpful. I am using SQL Server 2008 R2. Do you have any suggestions as to why this may not be working?

Hi Elec,

Thank you for contacting support. It is because you have not included report item entries in the config files. Please go through the help topics:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodereportingservices/Visual+Studio+Configuration
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodereportingservices/Install+Manually

We hope, this helps. Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

Thanks, this helped a lot, however, I’m now having another issue.

I’m unable to get barcodes to appear on reports (.rdl files) I have uploaded to the report server. Everything else on the report shows up except for barcodes and their related text. The barcodes are visible in Microsoft Visual Studio preview mode but when I upload them to the server it’s blank where the barcode’s should be. I have followed the instructions on the link below and nothing seems to be working. I have attempted adding the lines provide in a number of places in the XML files. I believe the issue may be where to add the lines to the rsreportserver.config file. The instructions say to add the lines into the element, however, there is nothing that says anywhere in the rsreportserver.config file I have. I am using SQL Server 2008 R2 and used the MSI installer to install the Aspose.Barcode for Reporting Services product. I am currently using a temporary license, as I am trying out the product before my company decides if they want to go with it. I think this product is a good fit, I just have to be able to make the barcodes show up on the report server before I can suggest it for purchase. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated, thank you.

Hi Elec,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please share the complete details of your working environment. It’ll help us to be more specific. Please reply to the following questions:

1. What is the Operating System name, edition and 32 & 64 bit (e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit)
  2. What is the MS SQL Server version, edition and other details?
  3. What is the local language and settings etc?
  4. What is the .NET Framework of your application project?
  5. Any other information that you think is necessary.

Please also share your config files in this forum thread. We’re looking forward to help you.

Hello Imran,

Below are the answers to your questions:

1) Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.
2) I’m using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
3) The local language is English.
4) The .Net Framework of my application is .NET Framework 3.5.
5) I don’t have much other necessary information of the top of my head that may be helpful other than what I’ve sent in the past.

As requested I have attached my config files. I wasn’t sure if you wanted the config files I have attempted to edit so I have attached the original configs that haven’t been altered. Please let me know if you would like the versions that have had code added to them.

Thanks,

Elec

Hi Elec,

Thank you for the details. We’re preparing the said environment for testing purposes and will get back to you soon.

Hi Elec,

Thank you for being patient. Please note that you have not registered Aspose.BarCode API in your config files. Please follow these four steps: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodereportingservices/Install+Manually

Second, we have tested against the said environment. It works perfect. The barcode image is visible after deploying a report on the Report Server. Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

We’re looking forward to help you.

Hi Imran,

I know that those config files do not have the Aspose.Barcode API registered in them. As I explained in my previous notes this is what I am having trouble with, from my previous post:

"I have followed the instructions on the link below and nothing seems to be working. I have attempted adding the lines provide in a number of places in the config files. I believe the issue may be where to add the lines to the rsreportserver.config file. The instructions say to add the lines into the element, however, there is nothing that says anywhere in the rsreportserver.config file I have."

and in the last post I sent I specified that these config files had not been altered yet:

"As requested I have attached my config files. I wasn’t sure if you wanted the config files I have attempted to edit so I have attached the original configs that haven’t been altered. Please let me know if you would like the versions that have had code added to them."

The main request is to please explain to me where (in the config files I have attached to my last post (#590212 )) to add the code. Since you were able to make it work on your end by registering the Aspose.Barcode API in the config files I attached, can you please attach the config files with the code where you added it?

I have continuously been referred to the link you just sent, the issue is that the “Install Manually” instructions are not very clear and have not been helpful in allowing me to get past the issue. I’m really trying to work with this product and would like to purchase it but the installation alone has been a very frustrating process. If you are unable to help me by adding the code to config files is have attached in post 590212, is there another method of support your company offers? This is a time sensitive issue and the responses I have gotten continue to point me back to the same instructions I specified were the problem.

Thank You,

Elec

Hi Elec,

Thank you for the clarification. We have attached our config files to this reply. Please check Aspose.BarCode related lines and alter your configs accordingly.

We hope, this helps. Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi Imran,

Thank you so much, it finally works. The config files were a big help to look at and follow. One last question, will it always say “Aspose” to the left of the barcode images in reports that have been uploaded to the Report Server or is that just for the evaluation version/temporary license key.

Again, thank you very much for sticking it out and helping me with this issue.

- Elec

Hi Elec,

Thank you for your inquiry. The word “Aspose” is an evaluation mark. It is because you have not applied a valid license. You need to place a valid license file along with Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services library. Please go through the help topics there: License Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services

For testing purposes, you can avoid evaluation limitations by getting a temporary license for 30 days. We hope, this helps. Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.