Evaluation message issue

Hi Team,

i have used aspose.words 8.2.0.0 version earlier and did not add my license file into my project but it did not give me evaluation message. This was working for more than 4 years but recently i have upgraded to aspose.words 11.8.0.0 and it started giving me evalution message on top of converted pdf.
But when i changed my projects .vbproj file and mentioned the aspose Version=11.8.0.0 then it started running fine.
In another project i have embedded the aspose.total.lic and used add license method and its working fine.
so my question here is what is the best way to do it?
and why older version of dll was not giving me this message earlier.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. First of all, I would like to mention a few points here:

• Make sure your call to SetLicense gets executed. Step through in the debugger.
  • Make sure your code does not catch an exception thrown by Aspose.Words licensing code. For example, Aspose.Words will throw if it cannot find the license.
  • Make sure the input documents do not already have the evaluation message. Aspose.Words does not delete existing evaluation messages.
  • Make sure SetLicense is executed before you instantiate any Document object.

Secondly, the easiest way to set a license is to put the license file in the same folder as Aspose.Words.dll and specify just the file name without path as shown in the following example.

Aspose.Words.License license = new Aspose.Words.License();
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Words.lic”);

For more information on how to apply license, please visit the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Applying+a+License

Best regards,