Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Words. Copyright text NOT Appearing in Our Document

Hi,

In one of our documents that gets generated for the users, we are NOT seeing the "Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Words. Copyright..." line that should get generated. It is not appearing at all in our word document. I've attached a picture. The top half of the screenshot with the "X" mark shows how our Word document is appearing, which is without the copyright line, and the bottom half with the check mark shows how our generated document SHOULD appear, with the copyright line appearing after the RR Donnelley line.

We have a method that executes Tomcat initially starts up that is supposed to set the License to the one in our drive. I set a couple of print statements and breakpoints in the catch block to see what is going on. I ended up seeing a java.lang.NullPointerException: stream

Here is our code. I've also attached a second screenshot showing the same below code as well as the NullPointerException that results in the console. Could you please provide any suggestions?

static {
try {
License license = new License();
InputStream myAsposeLicenseStream = CqtInstance.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("AsposeLicense.lic");
license.setLicense(myAsposeLicenseStream);
} catch (Exception e) {
System.out.println("************************");
System.out.println(e);
System.out.println("************************");
}

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your inquiry. If you want to switch to evaluation mode, please use empty string in License.SetLicense method.

<pre style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 9pt;”>com.aspose.words.License lic = new com.aspose.words.License();
lic.setLicense("");<pre style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 9pt;”>
You are getting java.lang.NullPointerException because license file does not exist at specified location or license file name is incorrect.

Could you please share some more detail about your query why you want to see “Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Words. Copyright…” in your output document? We will then provide you more information on this.

Salaam Tahir,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing me with your feedback.

Yes, actually it is not that we want the the line to appear. It’s just that we were thinking that there was an issue because we noticed that in one of our environments, the Evaluation line appears. However, in another, it was not. However, once we found out from you guys that the Evaluation line only appears when a license could not be found, we realized that the license was not copied over into the proper directory in the one environment that was displaying it.

Once we copied over the license to the proper directory, made a change to our CLASSPATH variable, and restarted our App, the line disappeared.

So there is no issue anymore. It has been resolved. Thank you for your help.
Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your feedback. It is nice to hear from you that your problem has been solved. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.