Evaluation version only allows Code39 recognition

Hi,

I am using what I believe to be a valid license file and am setting the license through C# code using the explicit license file path, and I keep getting the 'Sorry, evaluation version only allows Code39 recognition' error.

Any ideas would be great....

Thanks

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Licensing - Aspose.BarCode for .NET and Java

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you please zip and send me the license file using forum options "Contact" --> "Send saqib.razzaq an email". I will look into it asap.

I figured out our problem.....we were using functionality from Aspose.BarCode and Aspose.BarCodeRecognition...but only initializing the license for Aspose.BarCode.....so the call to the method in Aspose.BarCodeRecognition was giving us the invalid license message.

Might be nice to mention somewhere on the web site that you need to may need to initialize the license more than once, depending on how you are using it.

// set the BarCode license

Aspose.BarCode.License license = new Aspose.BarCode.License();

license.SetLicense("Aspose.BarCode.lic");

// set the BarCodeRecognition license

Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License license2 = new Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.License();

license2.SetLicense("Aspose.BarCode.lic");

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have updated the documentation accordingly. http://www.aspose.com/documentation/visual-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net-and-java/licensing.html.

I have included my 30 day license files as an embedded resource and I am using code to set the license for both barcode and barcoderecognition in my form.load event for VB.NET.

It still will not read anything but code39 standard barcodes. Code you help me?

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you put the code in try/catch block to see if there is any exception thrown while loading the license. If there is no exception and still you face problems reading other than code39 barcodes, please send the sample project with license file to me. Please use the forum options “Contact” --> “Send saqib.razzaq an email” and zip/attach the necessary files. We will look into it.

It turns out to be an issue with the images and barcodes I am trying to read. I've attached a sample VB.NET solution with sample JPGs. The ones I will actually be scanning are large multipage TIFs, but it didn't matter what format I saved them in. I tried single page TIF, multi-page TIF with the code to SelectActiveFrame, BMP, and JPG. JPG was smallest for zipping and attaching to email.

Let me know if you receive the solution and sample files. Thanks for your help.

My goal with your product is to rename the TIF files using the barcode text it finds, then save them as PDF. I can use .NET to break up the TIF pages and reduce their size. It would be great if you had a library that could do OCR and create searchable PDFs, but I didn't see anything like that in your suite.

Hi,

Just to update you, we are looking into the issue. I will post here when it gets fixed. Sorry for the delay.

We don’t have a library for OCR yet. Regarding searchable PDFs, you may inquire on Aspose.PDF forums.

HI We are having Aspose.Barcode v3.9, but in this we cant able to get Code39 for barcode recognition. can you please help us which version will support reading Code39 format barcode. in C#.

@mvn.saikiran,

Latest version of Aspose.BarCode supports the Code39 coded barcode generation and recognition. It is always recommended to use the latest version as it contains the new features and fixes for the issues reported by other customers.