EWSClient.GetInboxRules failing on badly formatted email address

I am using the Aspose.EMail library to manage a RedirectTo rule on a mailbox. After successfully connecting to my Exchange Server (2010 SP3) using my own credentials I call the method GetInboxRules() against the EWSClient instance. This call results in a System.FormatException - “The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address”. When I try to specify my own mailbox in the method call GetInboxRules(“me@company-uk.com”) I still receive the same exception.

I have verified I am connected to my mailbox by doing other things like listing the contents of my inbox and indeed successfully setting up a RedirectTo rule.

I can only think my domain has a hyphen in its name company-uk.com.

Could anyone shed any light on this issue I am having?

Hi Grant,

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support team.

We have tested this issue at our end with the latest version of the API and our test Exchange Server account. There is no issue raised which we think is because of non-availability of hyphen in the mailbox address. We are trying to establish an email account with such type of email address and share our feedback with you after further testing. Meanwhile, if you couldl share a test account credentials with us that has hyphen in its email address, it will help us test the issue quickly for assisting you further.

Hi Grant,

We have created an investigation ticket under Id: EMAILNET-35145 to investigate this issue. However it is requested again to provide a test account credential having hyphen in the domain name. It will help us to investigate issue and provide assistance at the earliest.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-35145) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.