Excel 2003 export problem

Hi!

I have problem with export into excel 2003 format. For export I use function

save( out, FileFormatType.EXCEL97TO2003 )

from com.aspose.cells.Workbook.

Export itself working correctly, but when I try to open result file in Excel 2007, I receive dialog window with message “Office File Validation detected a problem while trying to open this file. Opening it may be dangerous.” After it file opens correctly. What can be a reason of this warning message?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please provide your source xls/xlsx file and your complete code.

Please also test your issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java v2.5.4.13

Hi again!

Sorry, I mean import to Excel, not export:)

I used latest version of Aspose.Cells, and now it’s working properly. I should have known to do it myself) Thank you very much!

Hi,

We are facing the same problem. We are using Aspose.Cells.1.9.0.2.jar. We have a license for Aspose.Cells containing following information

When we tried to evaluate your given version i.e. [aspose-cells-2.5.4.13.jar] we have come to see the following error:

" The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 2008-12-09, but this version of the product was released on 2011-07-13. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.
"

Question 1: From which version of Aspose.Cells the required feature “Asked in this issue” is available?
Question 2: Can we avail that version with our existing license file?
Question 3: Do we need to buy another license to avail that feature?

Please let us know as soon as possible. We have an urgent issue.

Best regards,
Asfak.

Hi,

Well, I am not sure if this was an issue with the older version that you are using. It might be an issue with some older versions which might be addressed/fixed in the later versions. Since your license was expired on Dec 09, 2008, so you cannot use any version which is released after your subscription expiry with your current license file. To use the latest version, you need to upgrade your subscription.

1) See the above paragraph.
2) No, it is not possible, you need to upgrade your subscription to use latest versions of the product. You may post your query @Aspose.Purchase forum, they will help you soon.
3) Well, you may try to use some later version that should be released before your subscription expiry date (if possible). Moreover, you cannot download any version which older than one year from Aspose’s Download module. But, if you already have any older version e.g v2.x with you, you may try to use it if it fixes the issue. If in any your issue is not fixed or you don’t have any later versions (that were released before your subscription expiry date) to try, then there is no alternative but to upgrade your subscription.
For you knowledge, from version 7.0.0, we made tremendous changes in the API structures to equally mach the features and APIs with Aspose.Cells for .NET, so you might change your existing code segments accordingly. The latest versions are more enhanced and rich regarding features, quality and performance. We have also released v7.0.1 now. For complete reference, see the Aspose.Cells API Reference.

Thank you.

Hi again,

One more quick help is needed.

Point 1: Would you provide us with the information which version of Aspose.Cells I can achieve without upgrading the license? That is which release meets the condition of being earlier to my one’s expired date. As you know our one has expiring date on Dec 09, 2008.

Point 2: Would you please give me a direct download link of that version?

Best Regards,
Asfak.

Hi,

1) I am afraid, you cannot get download link on Aspose site for the versions that are older than one year or so. This is our company's policy.
2) As I said earlier, we cannot provide any version that is older than one year.

To cut short, you should upgrade to latest versions.

Thank you.