Excel 2003 pop-up when editing

Using VB.NET 2003, .NET Framework 1.1 with Aspose.Cells.dll version 4.9.1.13:

We have a module in our product that handles document version control. In Excel, when we are opening a copy of the document for editing, we add custom properties and write footers to hold and display document version control info. We also add a watermark containing only block ‘DRAFT’ to denote this as an edited version not yet approved.

When you open this draft version of the document in Excel 2003 and attempt to save, a false pop-up message warning that created in later version of Excel (see attachment). Code added to open and save with Excel97to2003 parameter does not prevent the popup from occurring.

Code sample below:

Dim app As Object

Dim oActive As Object

app = New Aspose.Cells.Workbook

If ([extension expression] = ".xls")

CType(app, Aspose.Cells.Workbook).Open([file path] , Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Excel97To2003)

CType(app, Aspose.Cells.Workbook).Worksheets.CustomDocumentProperties.Clear()

oActive = CType(app, Aspose.Cells.Workbook).Worksheets

[write to the document properties and footers, then save]

If [extension expression] = ".xls" Then

CType(app, Aspose.Cells.Workbook).Save(m_filePath, Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Excel97To2003)

Else

CType(app, Aspose.Cells.Workbook).Save(m_filePath, Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsx)

End If

Hi,

Kindly try our latest version v5.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry248967.aspx

If you still find the issue, kindly do post your input and output excel files or provide a console demo application here to reproduce the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Worked great! Thank you.

If you want a testimonial for your company’s support, please let me know. We have been using Aspose.Cells.NET and Aspose.Words.NET for about a year now, and I personally have submitted three support forum postings for various things in that time. All three times my post was responded to within two hours. Two of the items were known problems that quickly resolved by downloading and installing the latest versions of one of those products.

The third posting was quickly tested and duplicated by a member of your support team and a fix was received in about 3-4 days.

Thank
You, <o:p></o:p>

John Romanchik, Senior Software Application Developer - Cebos, Ltd.
5936 Ford Court, Ste. 203

Brighton, MI 48116
(810) 534-2222 x240
(810) 534-0131 fax

E-mail: `john.romanchik@cebos.com`

Hi,

Yes, we greatly appreciate if you could add your remarks over Aspose.Cells testimonial.

Have a good day!

I received a response saying to try Aspose.Cells version 5.1

After installing by the .msi installer I placed Aspose.Cells.dll that was installed in the following location in my applicatiion bin folder.

C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Cells for .NET\Bin\net1.1

Now...all Excel files I open through this program are blank and save that way.

After adding the Aspose.Cells.dll as a reference to project, the Workbook.Open command is not available to me either.

Urgent help requested!

Attached the dll

Hi,

Well, in the recent version, Workbook.Open method is obsoleted but your code still work fine although you cannot get intellisence, the method would be completely eliminated from the product in the next year though. You should use Workbook’ constructors instead. See the document for your complete reference:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/opening-files.html

Thank you.

So I add 'Imports Aspose.Cells' at the top of my code, change the constructor to:

app = New Workbook(m_filePath)

I still have no intellisence, by the way. Then I try to clear the custom properties with this code that always worked previously:

app.Worksheets.CustomDocumentsProperties.Clear()

..and I get an error that 'CustomDocumentProperties is not part of the worksheets collection'

Reference problem? Is that .dll usable as a 3rd party reference in a .NET application such as mine?

Hi,

I tried the following sample code and it works fine:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test\Testzz.xlsx”);
workbook.Worksheets.CustomDocumentProperties.Clear();
workbook.Save(“e:\test\outputBookcust.xlsx”);

By the way, your code:
app.Worksheets.CustomDocumentsProperties.Clear() will not work as there is no “CustomDocumentsProperties” attribute for Worksheets collection.

If you still could not evaluate, kindly create a console application, zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.