Excel 2016 Add-in pane Removed From File After Open/Save in Aspose.Cells

When a workbook has a docked task pane that displays the content of an Excel 2016 add-in, opening the file in Aspose.Cells and saving the same file removes the task pane. If the source and target file extensions are renamed to ‘zip’ and the contents examined, it looks like Aspose Cells is dropping the xl/webextensions folder and contents as well as the xl/calcChain.xml files.

the code appears below:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook2 = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook("C:\\temp\\x.xlsx");
        workbook2.Save("C:\\temp\\x2.xlsx");

Is there a way to preserve this task pane in Aspose.Cells? This is pretty critical for the application.

Thanks,

Danny

@dlankford

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please provide us your source Excel file (i.e. x.xlsx) so that we replicate this issue at our end and log it in our database for investigation and for a fix.

Thanks! I have zipped and attached the Excel file.

x.zip (20.6 KB)

@dlankford

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45700 - Excel 2016 Add-in pane removed from file after open/save in Aspose.Cells

@dlankford,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-45700”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

1 Like

@dlankford

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

This fix has resolved my issue with the task pane dropping. Thanks so much for turning this around so quickly, you guys are the best!

@dlankford,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the latest version/fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you have further queries or issue, we will be happy to assist you soon.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45700) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.10.