Excel Cell limit?

Hi,

I’ve downloaded aspose.cells.dll trial with evaluation license (30 days).
I’ve generated xlsx file which should include 76000 lines but got only is 65533 (64K).

Is it a limitation of the trial version?
(in previous version of aspose.cells.dll i didn’t have any such problem)

thanks
Rafael

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

No, there is no such limitation even using the APIs in evaluation mode (without a valid license). For your information, Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards and specifications in creating Excel files. Mostly the limitation refers to what file format type you are using to save the file. The XLSX format supports upto 1048576 rows and 16384 columns. However, the XLS format which is the older format supports only 65536 rows and 255 columns. Please make sure you are saving an XLSX file instead of XLS file format. If you still find any issue, kindly do provide us sample code (or preferably a simple console application (runnable) - you may zip the project prior attaching here) to reproduce the issue with the sample file(s) on our end, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I tried to debug, got the following exception:
Aspose.Cells.CellsException: The count of Hyperlinks cannot be larger than 66530.
at Aspose.Cells.HyperlinkCollection.Add(Int32 firstRow, Int32 firstColumn, Int32 totalRows, Int32 totalColumns, String address)
at Reports.NewExcelReport.NewExcelReport.<>c__DisplayClass1e.b__1b(IModelRow row) in c:\work\PA\Trunk\PA\Export\Reports\NewExcelReport\NewExcelReport.cs:line 494
at ReportBase.Report.ReportTask1.Run(Action1 action) in c:\work\PA\Trunk\PA\Export\ReportBase\Report.cs:line 1584

Hi,

Thanks for the stack trace.

Well, this is MS Excel’s limitation and nothing to do with Aspose.Cells APIs. See the document for your reference:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Excel-specifications-and-limits-1672b34d-7043-467e-8e27-269d656771c3#ID0EBABAAA=Excel_2016-2013

check the line in the document, i.e.,
<table id=“tblID0EAAEAACBABAAA” class=“banded flipColors” style=“box-sizing: border-box; border-collapse: collapse; margin-bottom: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); width: 768px; margin-top: 10px; padding: 0px; border-top: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); color: rgb(54, 54, 54); font-family: “Segoe UI”, “Segoe UI Web Regular”, “Segoe UI Symbol”, “Helvetica Neue”, “BBAlpha Sans”, “S60 Sans”, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”> <p style=“font-size: 1.6em; box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(47, 47, 47); line-height: 1.5; padding: 0px; font-family: “Segoe UI”, “Segoe UI Web”, “Segoe UI Symbol”, “Helvetica Neue”, “BBAlpha Sans”, “S60 Sans”, Arial, sans-serif;”>Hyperlinks in a worksheet <p style=“font-size: 1.6em; box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(47, 47, 47); line-height: 1.5; padding: 0px; font-family: “Segoe UI”, “Segoe UI Web”, “Segoe UI Symbol”, “Helvetica Neue”, “BBAlpha Sans”, “S60 Sans”, Arial, sans-serif;”>66,530 hyperlinks
Thanks for your understanding.