Excel Cell Multi-Threading

I am having problems with the Multi-Threading with Aspose.Cells.
It appears to only affect the Worksheet.Copy and the Worksheet.Cells.CopyRow functions.
It also only happens on servers with more than one processor.

To get around this issue, I am having to manually lock this process from multiple threads executing the commands.
(See code below for workaround)

Can this be fixed?
lock (objLock)
{
newWorkSheet.Copy(wstemplate);
}

lock (objLock)
{
workSheet.Cells.CopyRow(workSheetTemplate.Cells, intSmartTagStartRow, iRow);
workSheet.CopyConditionalFormatting(intSmartTagStartRow, Convert.ToByte(iCol), iRow, Convert.ToByte(iCol));
}

Which version of Aspose.Cells are you using?

Aspose.Cells supports multi-threading. You can call it's functions in several threads concurrently. However, you can manipulate a single Workbook object in several threads concurrently because there are global data in a Workbook object which cannot be process concurrently.

Version 3.7.1.0

The object I am copying to is unique per thread.

However, the object that I am copying from (the template worksheet) is the same for all the threads. Is this causing the issue. Do I have to create unique instances of my template worksheets per thread in order to copy worksheets or copy rows?

Yes, I think this is the cause of problem. Please create unique instances of template worksheets per thread.

This is not a good solution, only a work around do to the fact that your product cannot handle multiple threads copying information from one worksheet to another.

The fact that I am only trying to read information and not modifing it, I do not see why this is a problem and could not be fixed.

This solution will also cause my applications to consume a lot more memory because I am force to create many instances (in my situation over 200) of the exact same worksheet because your application is not capable of supporting multiple threads reading data from a single worksheet.

Until you have a better solution, I will be forced to work around this bug.

As I mentioned at http://www.aspose.com/Community/forums/thread/56763.aspx , this is not a bug.

If you want to save memory, please lock the Copy method as your solution. Or you can create different instances if your template file is not large.

An object like that should never be assumed to be thread-safe (in fact, I would say that if it had been written to work thread-safe it would be broken, as normally you wouldn't be using several threads on a single workbook and it would have caused a lot of unnecessary overhead).