Excel Chart Second X axis scale

Received : 2007/08/06 07:41:15
Message : A co-worker has made an Excel sheet which serves as a template for report data. This excel sheet contains a pivot table which serves as a bases for a chart. The data is visibile in the pivot table as in the chart. However, in the template in the chart a secondary X axis is defined. In the the template sheet this axix has minimum and maximum (scale) of 0 en 1 (fixed). However when I open, alter and save the workbook using Aspose.Cells this settings are gone. And there is no way to set them back programmatically using aspose.cells. Why are those settings deleted?

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Which version of Aspose.Cells for .Net or java you are using? Could you try the attached version for .Net if you are using Aspose.Cells for .Net version.

If the problem still persists, please provide us the complete details and post your sample test code with the template file. For posting the file(s), please zip them to make it one and Click "Options" tab and attach it.

Thank you.

I am using Aspose.Cells 4.3.0.0. The only thing my code does is altering some cell values on the first Workheet in the Workbook (which does NOT contain the Chart). A pivottable on another sheet will take and aggregate these values and the column chart will read the pivottable. This all works perfectly. The only problem is dat Aspose.Cells changes the scaling of the Secondary Horizontal Axis to default (auto scaling). We have configured it explicitly in our excel sheet to "Fixed Min: 0.0 and Fixed Max: 1.0". This makes sure that the series line will run from the left of the screen to the right of the screen in stead of stopping in the middle. If we change it back manually in Excel everything is ok again. So concluding:

- Template Excel file has setting on Second Horizontal Axis of Fixed Min: 0.0 and Fixed Max: 1.0
- When Aspose.Cells opens the file and saves to another file, the newly saved file has default excel settings (auto scaling), which is not correct.

Why does aspose.cells alter these values? How can this be repaired?

(setting minvalue or maxvalue on the axis does not help, already tried that.)

Hi,

Did you try the attached hotfix version (4.3.0.13) which I posted in my previous post.

Well, Aspose.Cells.Net perfectly manipulates Designer Charts for your need. We insist you that do post your template file (zipped) and paste your sample code here. We already sign NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) with you which defines that only you and Aspose staff can download your attachment(s). Other users won't be able to do that. So please do post us your template file here, It will help us to figure out the issue soon.

Thank you.

Guys hi

I have the similar situation as topic starter has. I need to have fixed scale for secondary axis - and put minvalue=0 and maxvalue=1... Everything is nice for first load but when I try to edit secondary axis scale shows auto division (in my example 0 and 0.9)... why it happens and could you prompt what I need to do to fix these values?

Thank you a lot, Alexei

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version/fix v5.1.2.9. If you still find the issue, kindly do create a sample console application, zip it and post it here to reproduce the issue at our end. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.