Excel file gets corrupt when opened and saved with aspose.cells 22.2

We have upgraded to the latest Aspose.Cells version 22.2 to solve issues with Pivot Tables (see workbook-containing-a-pivot-table-becomes-corrupted)

Now after this update we are facing other problems with other Excel files.
Gets Corrupted with Aspose.Cells.xlsx.zip (26.7 KB)

image.png (9 KB)

Path workbookPath = Paths.get(getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("file.xlsx").toURI());
Path result = Files.createTempFile(Paths.get("./target"), null, ".xlsx");
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(Files.newInputStream(workbookPath));
workbook.save(Files.newOutputStream(result), workbook.getFileFormat());

Works fine with Aspose.Cells 22.1 with the same file and same code

@adrian.osterwalder,

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by re-saving your template file. I found Excel file gets corrupt when opened and saved with Aspose.Cells. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-44370” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@adrian.osterwalder,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. The fix will be included in our regular (upcoming) release Aspose.Cells for Java v22.3. The next version will be published in the second week of March, 2022.

Thank you very much for the update

@adrian.osterwalder,

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-44370) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Peyton.Xu

@Amjad_Sahi

I’ve tested the issue with the current 22.3 update. But it looks exactly the same as before. All files (including the provided example file) which were corrupt after saving with 22.2 are also corrupt with 22.3.

Can you please check if the fix is really included in aspose.cells 22.3?

@adrian.osterwalder,

You are right. I did test your scenario/cast using latest Aspose.Cells for Java v22.3 with your template file and found the same issue. It looks like the fix was not included or was missed in the latest version. I have reopened the issue again. We will check and look into it soon.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

@Amjad_Sahi,
Thanks for your response. Too bad it’s like this, but I’m glad you were able to confirm it.

@adrian.osterwalder,

You are welcome.

@adrian.osterwalder,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue precisely now. The fix will be included in our regular (upcoming) release Aspose.Cells for Java v22.4. The next version will be published in the second week of April, 2022.

@adrian.osterwalder

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-44370) have been fixed in this update .