Excel file into PDF file is taking long time

Hi, I have tried to convert an Excel file into PDF file but is taking long time. I use Aspose Cells for Android. Conversion of an excel file (129 Kb) took 7 minutes. Sample file is attached. I can do to improve this performance?

String path = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory().getPath()+ “/archivos/”;
try{
Workbook wb = new Workbook(path + nombreArchivo + “.xlsx”);
PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions(SaveFormat.PDF);
saveOptions.setAllColumnsInOnePagePerSheet(true);
wb.save(path + nombreArchivo + “.pdf”, saveOptions);

}catch(Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();

}

Thanks,

Eliana

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

Could you copy/ push all the fonts used in your Workbook from "C:\Windows\Fonts" on to a folder (named "fonts)" that you could create under device folder "mnt\sdcard". You should specify the fonts folder in your codes explicitly before opening the Excel file. Let us know if it works fine now.
e.g
Sample code:
public class MainActivity extends Activity {

@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);
try{
//...........
String sdCardPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory().getPath()+ File.separator;
CellsHelper.setFontDir(sdCardPath + "fonts");

//.............
//Open an Excel file
Workbook wb = new Workbook(sdCardPath + strFileName);

Thank you.

Hi, I copy the fonts into the device and it works better. Conversion took 15 seconds. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Eliana

Hi,

Good to know that it figures out your issue now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

Hi, I converted an excel file to pdf but the charts with gradient colors not rendered correctly. Attached sample files and source code:

CellsHelper.setFontDir(STR_DIRECTORIO_FONTS);

try{
Workbook wb = new Workbook(STR_DIRECTORIO_DOCUMENTOS + nombreArchivo + “.xlsx”);

PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions(SaveFormat.PDF);
saveOptions.setAllColumnsInOnePagePerSheet(true);

wb.save(STR_DIRECTORIO_DOCUMENTOS + nombreArchivo + “.pdf”, saveOptions);

}catch(Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();

}

Hi Eliana,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Android.

We were able to observe this issue using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Android. Chart with gradient color is not rendered correctly.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSANDROID-38.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSANDROID-38) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.