Excel: File is corrupt and cannot be opened (xls)

I receive a “file is corrupt” error in Excel. This error occurs after creating a worksheet with aspose (5.3.1.0) with a pivottable ,saving the file as .xls. and opening in Excel 2010.

When i change the SaveFormat to xlsx everything works fine. I use the saveformat Excel97To2003.
I found a workaround for this: Adding a new trusted location in the Trust Center Settings in Excel, saving the file to that location and than no error occurs and the correct output shows.

Is there a better solution for this problem?

thanks in advance,
Floris

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Cells for .NET and reporting the problem.

Kindly provide and your sample C# project replicating this problem. We will look into it and fix it asap.

Please also test your issue with the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

Hi,

Please download our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

and try it if it works fine. We have made tremendous enhancements regarding PivotTable features.

If you still find the issue, kindly do create a simple console application, zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Using the latest version of Aspose.Cell does not fix my problem.

I have created a sample application for my issue.

greetings,

Floris

Hi,

Thanks for your testing this issue with the latest version and providing us your sample project and feedback.

I have logged this issue in our database. We will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-29582.

Hi, is it possible for you the give an indication date for when you have looked at the issue and came up with a solution or workaround?

thanks.

Hi,

Normally, you have to wait for 2~3 days to get a fix. However, it might take a week too if the problem is difficult to be resolved.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download:
Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

hi,
thanks for the fix. the problem no longer occurs.

Hi,

That’s good to find your problem is finally resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-29582) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.