Excel Files Contains BIFF7(Excel 95 or earlier file format ) records issue

Hi,

We are using aspose.cells for loading an excel document and converting it to pdf. While trying to convert an excel document, we got an error stating that "This Excel Files Contains BIFF7(Excel 95 or earlier file format) records".

Any fix came for this issue? Else how do we process it?

Kindly help us!

Hi,

For your Excel template file, if you could open your XLS file into for example MS Excel 2003 and click on the SaveAs, the "Save as type" would be something like "Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook" file type for so. I am afraid, Aspose.Cells does not support to read/write BIFF7 or older file formats as it only supports BIFF8 and greater file formats (Excel 97 - Excel 2010, Excel 2013), so you are getting this exception.
We can only suggest a workaround for you as we cannot support the older file formats in our product. You may try the following steps to work with these files for Aspose.Cells product, so that Aspose.Cells could open/process the file fine, there is no alternative I am afraid:
E.g
Open your template file into MS Excel (e.g..,Ms Excel 2003 or 2007).
Save the file As "Microsoft Office Excel Workbook".
Now you can use Aspose.Cells to open/manipulate, render or convert the file for your requirements, it will work fine.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I too face the same issue. You have given a solution which we need to do manually. But, is there any way to do it in .net code (converting older format file to newer one) in which we are using aspose.cells. Or is there any other workaround available for this issue other than doing it manually?

Hi Vigil Rex,

Well, as I mentioned in my previous post, Aspose.Cells does not support to read/write BIFF7 or any older file formats as it only supports BIFF8 and greater file formats (Excel 97 - Excel 2010, Excel 2013). I am afraid we cannot support the older file formats in our product, there is no alternative (but to follow the manual approach as suggested to save the file into newer file formats) I am afraid.

Thanks for your understanding!

We recommend you to kindly try upgrading to and use latest version of the product which includes support for older BIFF7 (Excel 95/5.0 - 2003 Workbook) formats with enhancements now:

Also, see the document for supported input and output file formats by Aspose.Cells: