We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Excel found unreadable content in saved file

We are having problem opening file an Excel file after we saved it with Aspose.Cells using the code below. After saving the file has grown about 22KB and we get the “Excel found unreadable content in…” error when trying to open the file. Please advise how to solve this.


Thanks in advance
Stefan



var workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“ars_preparatory_reporting_solo_annual.xlsx”);
workbook.Save(“file_to_open.xlsx”);

Versions
.Net 4.5
Aspose.Cells 8.3.1
Excel 14.0.7140.5002

Hi,


Thanks for the template file.

I have evaluated your issue using your template file a bit. I used your code segment with our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.4 (please try it), it works fine. The output file is opened fine into MS Excel 2007/2010 as I tested. The output file has slightly grown its size (i.e., 515kb) prior to 488kb which is minor case.

Thank you.

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried the suggested version of Aspose.Cells but the problem remains. I have attached my broken file. Can you open it?


/Stefan

Hi Stefan,


Your shared resultant spreadsheet seems to be broken because none of the Excel versions can open it without repair. However, when we tested the scenario, we are unable to replicate the said problem by saving the spreadsheet using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.3.1.4 (link shared in Amjad’s response).

Please make sure that you are using the latest version. You may check this by displaying the API version using the following statement.

C#

Console.WriteLine(CellsHelper.GetVersion());

In case the problem persists, please provide us your environment details as follow.

  • Operating system version
  • Operating system architecture
  • Locale of your machine
Thank you for the attached file. That one opened fine on my machine. When I tried to open and save it using my two lines of code the output could not be opened in Excel.

Environment details:
Aspose.Cells: 8.3.1.4
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r3.140827-1500)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)

Hi Stefan,


Thank you for sharing more details. Please allow us some time to prepare the required environment to re-test the case on our end. As soon as we have more updates in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.

Hi again,


This is to inform you that we are able to replicate the said problem (Excel pops-up recovery warning while opening the resultant spreadsheet) by creating a VM of Windows 8.1 x64, and selecting the regional & language settings as of Swedish at the time of OS installation. The problem could be related to the locale settings however, we need to thoroughly investigate the problem cause before we can comment on what could have gone wrong to cause this behavior. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43313 for further investigation and correction purposes. As soon as we receive any updates in this regard, we will post here for your kind response.

Thank you for your patience with us.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.7 and let us know your feedback.

Hi!


I have tested the provided version and it worked great. Thanks for your quick support and fix

/Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.