Excel found unreadable content in XLSX file (Aspose Cells Reporting Services)

I have a report.aspx in which:

Create a report using SQL reporting services and using Export option we are choosing different format such as .xls & .xlsx

When I open "exp.xls" (EXCEL97TO2003 format), there are no errors and everything is fine (line alignment, spacing & all).

But when I open "exp.xlsx" (XLSX format), the following Excel error pop-up dialog is displayed:

'Excel found unreadable content in 'exp.xlsx'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?

If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.'

Its showing some error along with alignment mistake, some text are moved & placed some where else,some columns border are break, most of the columns are getting duplicated and values are getting errored

Could you suggest some solutions for it since our requirement is to export data's in .xlsx format itslef

I have attached 4 screen shots of excel sheet. Screen 1 (1_xlsx.gif & 2_xls.gif) and Screen 2 (3_xlsx.gif & 4_xls.gif)

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting services V1.8.0.36 (SSRS2008R2).

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :
${SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

Let us know your feedback.

If your issue still occurs, please provide us your RDL files and the xls rendering.

We will look into your issue and help you asap.

Hii

Thank you for your quick response. I have copied the new dll into it, still that issues are not solved.

Please find a solution for it.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have logged your issues in our database.

We will look into your issue and once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Please also provide your RDL files. RDL files will help us sort out this issue.

Also, xls rendering is not needed but it could also be helpful.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40041.

Hii

Thank you very much for quick replay

I have attached two RDL files which is creating this issue.

Hi,

That’s great. Thanks for providing the RDL files.

We have logged your files against the issue id: SSRS-40041

We will look into your issue and update you asap.

Hii,

We have not yet all receive any reply/solution for our query, which we have reported before two days with sufficient informations.

Hi,

Please spare us a little time (2-3 working days) to figure out your issue. I have asked the relevant developer to update on your issue. Once we have any update, we will let you know here. You can expect an update/fix in the next week.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi,

We had checked your report define files.

Their report define format is 2005.

What is your SQL Server Reporting Services version? 2005, 2008 or 2008R2?

Hi,

We are using SQL Server Reporting Services version 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your information.

We have logged it in our database.

We will investigate this issue and get back to you soon.

Hi,

We are having a production release this week end and we purchased the license as well.

Appreciate if you could provide an update on the reported issue at the earliest so that it won't affect our business.

Thanks

Hi,

We are working over your issue and hopefully we will fix your issue in 2-3 days or so.

Thank you.

Hi ,

Please try the fixed version :Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.37 (SSRS2005).

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :
${SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

Let us know your feedback.

Hii,

Thanks the team for the support & extra effort put on this task.

Newer version have solved some of the issues, but still we have some problems in the same rdl. I will send you the details in the attachment.

1. CostReport.rdl - Issues related with table/matrix, in this version also the rows are overlapped. But in the case .xls they have mensioned martix part (cell merging) it as 'Data Regions within table/matrix cells are ignored' . Refer issue.gif in attachment

2. EasyReport.rdl - Duplication is not existing but its not showing any value there. Refer issue1.gif in attachement

Hi,

Thanks for providing the details and screen shots.

We have logged it. I have reopened your issue again and we will look into your mentioned issues soon.

thank you.

Hi,

1. CostReport.rdl - Issues related with table/matrix, in this version also the rows are overlapped. But in the case .xls they have mensioned martix part (cell merging) it as ‘Data Regions within table/matrix cells are ignored’ . Refer issue.gif in attachment

You provide report define file which name is Cost_Sheet_Report.rdl.

Please post CostReport.rdl here. We will check it ASAP.

2. EasyReport.rdl - Duplication is not existing but its not showing any value there. Refer issue1.gif in attachement

We had fixed the issues.

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.38 (SSRS2005).

Great Job!!!

Sorry it's 'Cost_Sheet_Report.rdl' itself i mistakely mension it as 'CostReport.rdl'

We still facing issue with EasyReport.rdl, its misplacing the column headers, sub total values missing. Refer issue3.gif for comparision

We have one more rdl with data duplication (NEW ISSUE) TAS- GTnE and RMT Reconciliation Report.rdl , i attaching its rdl & screen shot - Refer issue4.gif for comparion

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know some of your issues have now been resolved.

We will look into your mentioned issues and fix the problems and update you asap.

Your comments has been logged against the issue id: SSRS-40041

Hi,

We had fixed two issues. ( It’s misplacing the column headers and data duplication).

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.39 (SSRS2005).

For sub-total values missing issues, we do not view sub-total row when we run the report (EasyReport.rdl).

Please tell us how to display sub-total row.