Excel merger error

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have logged your issue in our database 20 hours before and it will take some time for development team to investigate this issue and fix it. Please spare us some time (around 2~5 days) before we could evaluate your issue and provide you a fix. Once, there is some fix or other update for you, we will let you know asap.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40924) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

This update doesn't fixed our issue.

We have raised this issue 9 days back and still have no solution.

Can we please have ETA when this will get fixed ?

Thanks,

Sachin Dagar

Hi,

If you are talking about your issue logged as “CELLSJAVA-40944”, well, the issue is fixed now but we have not published the fixed version yet, we will do it after including some further enhancements and other fixes. We will also conduct some more tests as well. You may expect the fix to be published before the end of this week or in early next week.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know immediately here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Attched Zip file is corrupted.

Can you please upload it again or provide other source for download ?

Hi,

Please download from this link: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) it is downloading fine now.

Hi,

The attached zipped archive in previous post (shared by Shakeel Faiz) is fine, I can successfully download it and extract the zip file fine. Could you try it again now.

Let us know if you still find any issue.

Thank you.

Tried again , still zip is corrupted.

Can you upload it to some other source or let us know the steps for downloading file?

Thanks,
Sachin Dagar

Hi,

I have uploaded the archive (Aspose.Cells for Java v8.2.0.1) to dropbox and you may download it via the shared link here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/05ffg1tr0gk97c2/aspose-cells-8.2.0.1-java.zip?dl=0

Let us know if you still find the issue getting the new version/fix.

Thank you.

Its working fine with Excel 2007 where as it fails with Excel 2010.

This solution works in excel 2007 but does not work in excel 2010. Please look into it urgently.

Hi,

I have tested your scenario/ case using the “Test1.xlsx” and “Test2.xlsx” files to combine them using the following sample code, it works fine. The output file works fine in both MS Excel 2007 and 2010 versions. I have also attached the output file for your reference.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook SourceBook1 = new Workbook(“Test1 .xlsx”);

//Define the second source book.
//Open the second excel file.
Workbook SourceBook2 = new Workbook(“Test2.xlsx”);

//Combining the two workbooks
SourceBook1.combine(SourceBook2);

//Save the target book file.
SourceBook1.save(“output_1.xlsx”);

Thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40944) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

We are using jar : aspose-cells-8.2.0.1.jar.

Please let us know which version of jar you are using to generate the output and also provide us download link for downloading the same.

Also attach all latest version of supporting jars required to use Aspose.cell for java.

Thanks,

Sachin Dagar

Hi Sachin,

Please download and use the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version). Once you extract the package, you will find 3 folders corresponding to the supported JDK revisions. Choose according to your JDK version. Please use Jars from folder JDK 1.6 if you are using JDK 1.6 or higher.

We still see PDF object as image after merging multiple files in MS excel 2010.

Note: We use combine method to merge more then 50 excel files in one go and this number will be keep on increasing.

To reproduce issue at your side, please use three attached sample files(Sample 1,2,3) and combined output (combine.xlsx).

Look at the last sheet of the combined output , you will see the issue.

Below is the code used to combine sample files:

License license = new License();
license.setLicense(new FileInputStream(PATH of LICENSE FILE));

String path=FILE DIRECTORY;

File clientDir = new File(path);

File[] list = clientDir.listFiles(new FileFilter() {
public boolean accept(File pathname) {
return (pathname.getName().endsWith("xlsx"));
}
});

Workbook SourceBook1= new Workbook();
Workbook SourceBook2= new Workbook();

for ( int i = 0; i < list.length; i++) {
System.out.println(list[i].getName());

SourceBook1 = new Workbook(path+list[i].getName());

SourceBook2.combine(SourceBook1);

SourceBook2.save(path+"combine.xlsx");

}

Please resolve this issue asap, this is impacting our business.

Thanks,

Sachin Dagar.

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after running the following sample code which combines the workbooks into a single workbook using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version). The PDF ole object becomes image after combining the workbook.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-41027 - Pdf Ole Object becomes image after combining workbooks.

I have also attached the screenshot highlighting this issue inside the combined workbook for a reference.

Java

String dirPath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\”;

Workbook SourceBook1 = new Workbook();

Workbook SourceBook2 = new Workbook();

String[] list = new String[3];

list[0] = “Sample1.xlsx”;

list[1] = “Sample2.xlsx”;

list[2] = “Sample3.xlsx”;

for (int i = 0; i < list.length; i++) {

System.out.println(dirPath + list[i]);

SourceBook1 = new Workbook(dirPath + list[i]);

SourceBook2.combine(SourceBook1);

}

SourceBook2.save(dirPath + “combine.xlsx”);

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Now PDF object are working fine and we are hitting another issue, charts in the excel files are getting corrupted.

Our project is very critical and one fix raising other issues which is not acceptable.

Attached chart files c1,c2,c3, c4 and combine.xlsx.

Use the same code which was provided in my last post to replicate issue.

Please provide an ETA when this will be fixed.

Thanks,

Sachin Dagar