Excel opens XLS in protected view after it has been re saved (8.6.0.7)

Scenario: I open and save encrypted XLS file using Aspose.Cells 8.6.0.7. Then try to open it by MS Excel.

Issue: File is opened in protected view (Excel 2013).

Code

new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“xls_O.xls”, new LoadOptions() {
Password = “1”
}).Save(“resaved.xls”);

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thank you for sharing the sample.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0.7, and we are able to notice the said problem, that is; resultant XLS causes the Excel to open the spreadsheet in protected view. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system as CELLSNET-44006. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.
Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44006 now. We will provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes. The next fix (v8.6.1.1) is expected to be released in the next week.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.
Hi,

Please try our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you
Issue is no longer reproducible on the sample file I attached earlier.

Can you please give me details on the reason of the issue so that I could test properly.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the confirmation. We have recorded a note for the concerned member of the product team to share the RCA for your reference. As soon as we receive further updates, we will post here.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

MS Excel shows such error because we used XOR Encryption to encrypt the file in older version.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44006) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.