Excel Pdf Save Error

Hi,
When we want to save the attached document as pdf using Aspose Cells 21.8, the server crashes. But we do not get this error in version 21.12. Thanks for the fix.
But the problem is that our customer wants to impose a penalty because of this issue. Can we assure our customer that this issue will not be repeated? Or how we can control such situations without locking the server.
The problem occurs in the save method and an error is not thrown.NCZ-SPE-00474.zip (2.3 MB)

@srmbimser,

We will try our level best that this issue/regression should not be repeated in upcoming versions. You know API/SDK development is not straight line which is complex on its own and we always face challenges when implementing the new features and other improvements.

Furthermore, as the API development is not a constant path, you cannot always make it 100% bug free all the time. We always try to enhance/improve the component with each release of the product to make it more robust and feature rich APIs.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi,

Our customer told us that he wanted to know what was wrong with the document. For this, I prepared a web application for Cells 21.8 version. It crashes during save. Can you tell us the problem in the document?
Web Project : https://app.bimser.net/#/_redirect/taQ6hkpWaxgbEJrlYoG0ab
Document : NCZ-SPE-00474.zip (2.3 MB)

@srmbimser,

I could not download your web project but I downloaded your template Excel file. I played upon with your Excel file in simple desktop VS.NET WinForm application to convert to PDF using our latest version (Aspose Cells for .NET v22.1.x) and older version (Aspose Cells for .NET 21.8). I found latest version just works fine and there is no error or issue, the PDF file is generated fine. But when I used older version, it continues to take long time before I manually stop the process (after a few minutes). It seems like a bug in older version regarding rendering to PDF which is resolved in newer versions. Please note, with each new version of the APIs, we embed enhancements and other improvements plus fixes regarding Excel to PDF rendering (internal module). So, it is quite possible that such an issue (as yours) is resolved automatically in later versions. We recommend to try to use latest version for your needs.

PS. we will also check if we could share the root cause of issue (why the older version could not render the file to PDF) by evaluating your document in details.

@srmbimser

There was an issue in Aspose.Cells v21.8 while rendering a shape(see screenshot, highlighted by blue renctangle: shape_highlighted_by_blue_rectangle.jpg (266.9 KB) in the source file, and caused the infinite loop.

Hi,
Thank you for your information. Our customer said that there was an error in the file, although the direct error was not received. In the attached file they sent us, the details in the original file and the erroneous details that occurred after the aspose save were specified. We are waiting for your solutions.
NCZ_excel_tested_in_Test_QDMS.zip (2.4 MB)

@srmbimser,

Yes, the underlying shape (as highlighted by @Peyton.Xu in the screenshot) is not rendered properly even using the latest version although no exception or delay occurred. Do you want us to log a ticket for the issue, please confirm? After your confirmation, we will log a ticket and the fix might be included in our upcoming release Aspose Cells for .NET v22.2.

Hi,

You can create a ticket. If there is a problem with the shape setting, can you let us know if it is a setting on the document that we can edit?

Thank You,

@srmbimser,

As we told you, using our latest version/fix, (although there is no error or delay occurred), but in the output PDF file some shapes are not rendered properly. We have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-50300” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Hi ,
Is there any update for this bug or how can we prevent this bug for this shape.

@srmbimser,

Your issue is not resolved yet. We are working over your issue and hopefully it will be figured out. If the issue requires more time, we will share a tentative ETA on it.

Thank you for your response. We are waiting . But If there any way to see correctly this shape youcan share with us.

@srmbimser,

We are sorry but there is no way to render the shapes correctly until we fix the issue in the APIs.

@srmbimser
hi,
Your issue is resolved in hot fix 22.1.4.
Here is the resulting file generated using 22.1.4.
If you have other questions, please contact us.
image.png (41.7 KB)
CELLSNET-50300.pdf (2.0 MB)

Hi,
The error was checked with the version 22.1 DLL. The error in the symbols in the vertical area continues. Could you share the download link for the version 22.1.4 DLL?
ss.PNG.jpg (289.3 KB)

@srmbimser,

The issue is fixed in the new hotfix (Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.1.4). To get the hotfix, you can avail paid support account (if you have already purchased) urgently. Alternatively, you may wait for a few days. The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.2) which is scheduled to be published in the next few days (either before the end of this week or in the next week or so).

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-50300) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi