Excel Sheet Tab Color

Hi,

I am using the ASPOSE slide 7.3.1 and get the excel sheet tabs color information. But in blue violet case it’s provide me wrong color information ( in other color cases its work fine).

Below is the sample code and excel file is also attached.

Please help me in this case.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“C:/Users/Desktop/new-allcolors.xls”);

Worksheet workSheet= workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);

workSheet.getTabColor();

String colorCodeStr = "#"+Integer.

toHexString(workSheet.getTabColor().toArgb() &0x00FFFFFF);

Regards

Muhammad Babar Naveed

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

I have tested your case with our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.3.4.1 and it works fine.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“new-allcolors.xls”);
Worksheet workSheet= workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);
String colorCodeStr = “#”+Integer.toHexString(workSheet.getTabColor().toArgb() &0x00FFFFFF);
System.out.println(colorCodeStr);//#717789 → hex value to RGB…(red = 113, green 119, blue = 137) OK

You may open your template file into MS Excel 2003 and check the tab color in it.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have test the ASPOSE cell 7.3.4.1 its still return the wrong hex value actually the #717789 is the dark black color but the color added on tab is blue violet and its RGB value is Red= 128, Green=100, Blue=162

Hi,

I have opened your template XLS file into MS Excel 2003 and see the Tab color in it, it is not blue violet. See the template file attached. Could you open it into MS Excel 2003 and confirm us the color. For your information, for XLS file format, the Tab color retrieved by Aspose.Cells would be the same color that would be shown in MS Excel 2003. And, for the XLSX file format, the color retrieved by Aspose.Cells would be similar to what is shown in MS Excel 2007/2010.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have opened template XLS file into MS Excel 2007 and see the Tab
color in it See the template file attached.
Please guide me in this case.

Hi,

As I told you earlier: “For your information, for XLS file format, the Tab color retrieved by Aspose.Cells would be the same color that would be shown in MS Excel 2003. And, for the XLSX file format, the color retrieved by Aspose.Cells would be similar to what is shown in MS Excel 2007/2010”.

Now we do not support the Excel 2007/2010 Theme colors for sheet table for XLS and can only get the saved indexed color for xls. We need to investigate it further to see whether we can support the Excel 2007/2010 theme colors for sheet tabs for xls file format. We will look into it soon to see whether we can support it in near future for your needs. A ticket is logged with an id: “CELLSJAVA-40394” for it. Once we have any update for it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.3.4.3 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40394) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.