Excel to HTML conversion performance. Empty cells

Hello.

I use Aspose.Cells to convert Excel files to HTML.
Conversion of some documents takes a lot of time.
I investigated such files and found that Aspose.Cells generats many empty Cells.
empty_cells.zip (2.3 MB)
image.png (1.9 KB)

I found an option MergeEmptyTdForcely. Setting the MergeEmptyTdForcely parameter to true leads to faster conversion.

However, some other Excel files are converted with loss of content.broken_with_enabled_MergeEmptyTdForcely.zip (3.1 MB) - second tab.

How to improve performance correctly without losing content?

@Andrei86,

I noticed the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file(s) to HTML. I found performance issue with Excel to HTML conversion with empty cells. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-49378” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@Andrei86

We improve the performance a lot in the release v21.10.

For the soruce file “empty_cells.xlsx”, it can be converted to html in about 30 seconds without setting MergeEmptyTdForcely option.

For the source file “empty_cells_2.xls”, it can be converted to html in about 10 seconds without setting MergeEmptyTdForcely option. Also, if the print area is set on the sheet, and also you want to only export the data of print area, you can set ExportPrintAreaOnly option. For this file(“empty_cells_2.xls”), the performance can be improved further.

Let us know your feedback.

@Andrei86,
This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. We will share the fix in the next few days with details.

Thanks,
Maybe some new about release of fix?
Should I use MergeEmptyTdForcely for all files after the fix to improve performance?

The performance had been improved a lot in the release v21.10.
Currently MergeEmptyTdForcely is not suggested as it will break files in some cases if MergeEmptyTdForcely is set.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-49378) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao