Excel to PDF conversion - how to set PDF version?

Hi,

I’m converting an Excel file into PDF. But during that conversion I need to select the PDF version (1.4, 1.5, 1.6). How can I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I am afraid, Aspose.Cells APIs can save the PDF in v1.4 (Acrobat 5.x) format only. We are planning to provide the support for PDF version 1.7 with future releases of Aspose.Cells APIs. If you wish we can log appropriate requests in our database to provide the support for v1.5 & v1.6 as well. However, being a new feature we may take some time to provide the required implementation so we would suggest you to use Aspose.Pdf for Java API to convert the format of Aspose.Cells generated PDF files to desired PDF revision from 1.3 to 1.7.

OK, please log that request then. Thank you.

Hi Mariusz,

Thank you for writing back.

We have logged your request in our database under 2 tickets for feasibility analysis. The ticket details are available ahead. Please note, providing the support for PDF version 1.5 and 1.6 requires major changes to the API rendering core so we cannot commit the release schedule for these requirements at this moment. As soon as we have thoroughly analyzed the request on our end, and made significant progress towards achieving these features, we will post here to update you with the release schedule.

The ticket details are as follow.

• CELLSJAVA-41132: Support for PDF version 1.5 for rendering spreadsheets to PDF.
  • CELLSJAVA-41133: Support for PDF version 1.6 for rendering spreadsheets to PDF.

@mariuszpala,

This is to inform you that this issues (“CELLSJAVA-41132” and “CELLSJAVA-41133”) have been resolved. This enhancements will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.11), which we plan to release next month in the first half of November. You will be notified when new versions are released.

What about PDF Version 1.7?

@Mariusz_Pala
PDF version 1.7 will also be supported in the next release. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Hi @Mariusz_Pala @mariuszpala ,

We will add PdfCompliance.PDF_15, PDF_16, PDF_17 for PdfSaveOptions.setCompliance in next release Aspose.Cells for Java 23.11.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41132,CELLSJAVA-41133) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.11.