We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Excel to Pdf file conversion


I am using Aspose.cells dll in my Application to convert Excel file to Pdf file. But after conversion of Excel file to Pdf file, when i open that Pdf file i am not getting exact content in Pdf file as in Excel file.( Excel file contains telugu words, but in Pdf file i am not getting exact Telugu words)

Please provide me a solution to this problem asap.


Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please make sure the fonts required by your output PDF are installed in your computer. Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.2.1.3
and see if it resolves your issue.

If your problem still persists, then please provide us your source Excel file which you are converting to PDF. We will look into your issue and help you asap.


As you said i have installed the required font and also tried with latest version. But they are of no use. I am getting same result. Please find the attached Excel sheet.

Hi Sowjanya,

Thank you for providing the spreadsheet in question.

We have checked the presented scenario on our end while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET (link shared earlier), and we are unable to notice any issues with displaying Telugu characters. Please note, the spreadsheet uses “Lohit Telugu” font to display all Telugu characters. Unfortunately, I do not have the said font installed on my machine. However, I do have Mangal, Gautami & Vani fonts that are equally capable of rendering the Telugu text in the provided spreadsheet. Attached to this post are all the aforesaid fonts in an archive. Please extract the archive, and place the TTFs in “C:\Windows\Fonts” directory to give the scenario another try. If you already have the “Lohit Telugu” font installed on the machine, please confirm the existence of the font in system’s font directory and use the CellsHelper.FontFiles property as demonstrated below to point the API to pick “Lohit Telugu” font by changing the font file names accordingly.


CellsHelper.FontFiles = new System.Collections.ArrayList(){@“C:\Windows\Fonts\arial.ttf”, @“C:\Windows\Fonts\mangal.ttf”};
var openBook = new Workbook(“D:/temp/DraftList_2806007704401310001_0.xls”);
openBook.Save(“D:/temp/output.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

In case the problem persists, please provide us the resultant PDF file along with environment details such as Operating System version/architecture, Target Framework, Type of application etc.


Thanks for your suggestions.

I have tried with the fonts given by you and also with Lohit-Telugu font. Also I tried with cellshelper. But I am not getting exact telugu characters in Pdf file as they are in Excel file.

Please find the attached zip file which contains Lohit-Telugu font and input Excel file along with Output Pdf file.

Hi Sowjanya,

Thank you for sharing the resultant PDF file for our review. By checking it we believe that the correct set of fonts have been embedded in the PDF file. Please refer to the attached snapshot of the PDF properties.

It would be of great help in identifying the problem, and consequently move forward towards the correction (if applicable) if you could highlight the problematic areas in the resultant PDF file by taking a snapshot of it.


I have highlighted some words in Pdf file which doesn’t match with the content of Excel file.

Actually all the Telugu characters in Pdf file doesn’t match with the content in Excel file.
Please find the attached Pdf file.

Hi Sowjanya,

Thank you for your continues support in figuring out this problem.

We have logged an investigative ticket in our bug tracking system to look further into this matter. The ticket Id for your future reference is CELLSNET-43069. Please spare us little time for proper analysis of the presented scenario. Once we have completed the investigation, we will post our findings here.