Excel To PDF Gauge Chart render issue

GuageIssue.JPG (30.5 KB)

Hi Aspose Team,

There seems to be an issue with Aspose when converting excel sheet containing Gauge Chart to PDF. I have attached an image addressing this issue. It may help to know that the “Pointer” series is on a secondary axis in the Gauge Chart. The code used to convert workbook to PDF are as follows:

Document finalPDF = new Document()
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath)
ByteArrayOutputStream dstStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream()
workbook.save(dstStream, SaveFormat.PDF)
ByteArrayInputStream srcStream =new ByteArrayInputStream(dstStream.toByteArray())
Document tempDocument = new Document(srcStream)
finalPDF.getPages().add(tempDocument.getPages())

Please let me know the fix.

Thanks,
Satendra Shakya

@SatendraShakya,

Thanks for the sample code, screenshot and details.

Please provide us your template Excel file containing the Gauge chart, we will try to directly render PDF file from MS Excel file using Aspose.Cells to reproduce the issue. If we find, we will log appropriate ticket for the issue.

QualityData.xlsx.zip (33.2 KB)

@Amjad_Sahi

I have attached the required template.

Regards,
Satendra Shakya

@SatendraShakya,

Thanks for the template file.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned via your screenshot (https://forum.aspose.com/uploads/default/21005) by converting your template file to PDF file format. There seems to be an issue with Aspose.Cells when converting Excel sheet containing Gauge chart to PDF:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("f:\\files\\QualityData.xlsx"); 
 workbook.save("f:\\files\\out1.pdf", SaveFormat.PDF); 

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42758” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@SatendraShakya,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v118.11.4 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells for Java_v18.11.4.zip (6.3 MB)

@Amjad_Sahi,

The jar you had provided seems to have fixed the issue. Has this version been officially released with the 18.11 version of Aspose.Cells?

Thanks,
SatendraS

@SatendraShakya,

Well, you can use the fix (e.g v18.11.4) as an official release. It is an intermediate kind of version which is provided as a fix against some bugs and other enhancements/features (full fledged). Normally, this kind of version is posted in the support forums for the users so they should not wait for the next official release to come out and they should be able to incorporate the fix to the product server immediately for their needs. You can use this version for your requirements; it will behave like an official release, it contains all the functionality and fixes from our previous official version (v18.11) till that fix. We publish official version once in a month, so you can expect it (e.g Aspose.Cells v18.12) to be released in the third or fourth week of December, 2018.

Let us know if we can be of any further help.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42758) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 18.12. You can also get the latest Aspose.Cells for Java version from Maven repos. with simple configurations. Please see the document for your reference: Installation|Documentation

This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi