Excel to PDF support Excel macros when converting in .NET

Hi,

We have asked this question 5 months ago about supporting the excel macros when converting Excel to PDF. And I know that this feature is not supported yet and also not in your roadmap.
However, this is going to become an ongoing issue for our customers as they are using Excel Macros to do complicated things with the Excel reports, but it does not work in the conversion of Excel to PDF.
I just wonder if you have any suggestions or might be willing to change the API to accommodate this. Please let me know if there is any chance.

Thank you,
Tuan

Hi,

We are afraid, creating or execution of macros are still not supported by Aspose.Cells. Also, it is not in our plans to support injection/execution of macros in near future too.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Hi Amjad - Thank you for your reply. Is there any chance to do this if we willing to pay for it. We really need it. Thank you.

Hi Taun,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Unfortunately, this is a long pending issue and it is quite complex feature and we do not know the mechanism how the VBA Macros work in Microsoft Office documents. There is no progress on it by all other Aspose Teams (e.g words, slides, pdf etc) as well. So, we are afraid, we are unable to support it in our future versions too.

However, we have logged your request in our database. Once, there is some good news for you, we will share it with you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-40353 - Support for VBA Macros

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We only plan to create, manipulate or embed VBA codes/ macros later. We however cannot support to run or execute macros. Does it fit your needs?

Hi -

I am creating a process where we will use Outlook/Excel VBA to save an attached PDF to a specific folder, call a “PDF to Excel” conversion tool to extract the PDF contents into a sheet, and then further process the Excel sheet before exporting a final data set.

Can I use Aspose to do part of this?

Thanks.

Hi Glenn Peterson,

Well, as my fellow colleague Shakeel Faiz told you that in the first phase we will only support to create, manipulate or embed VBA codes/ macros in Excel files, hopefully we will support the feature (i.e. creating, manipulating and embedding VBA codes/ macros) before the end of Q1 2015. So, if you only need Aspose.Cells to insert or update VBA codes or macros in Excel template file where you will use Ms Excel to execute the macros or Vbas manually, then you may use our product. But, if you want Aspose.Cells to run the VBA codes or macros on its own, I am afraid, Aspose.Cells won’t fulfill your requirements.

Moreover, for all types of processing (adding data, set formattings to the cells, read/write Excel file formats, Excel to PDF conversion, set formulas etc.) other than vba codes and macros, Aspose.Cells can work well for MS Excel’s built-in native features.

Thank you.