Excel to PDF XIRR function issue in .NET

Hi Team,

I am using Aspose.Cells7.5.0.5 and getting issue when using XIRR function.
its working fine in excel output and giving me the value but in pdf its giving #NUM!
See attached excel output, pdf output and template.
please fix this issue asap.

thanks,
Rajendra

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to notice this issue. XIRR function does not have correct value. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41838.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have looked into this issue and found out that it should be the problem of MS Excel.

Please check the Cell C24 attached
file.
If the value of C23 is correct , the value of C24 should be close to
Zero.

And please check the doc: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-excel/using-xirr-gives-incorrect-values/5e3cb525-6b51-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?msgId=61094ba0-c851-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5.

I am not getting you.

i said in excel its coming fine the issue is with PDF output only.
Its giving #NUM! in PDF output.

Hi,

You are right. The issue is in pdf output only. We have logged your comments in our database against this issue. We will investigate this issue and once we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have again looked into your issue. As we said earlier, there is a bug of calculating XIRR in MS-Excel, so we could not get the same result as MS-Excel.

However, if you will not use the workbook.CalculateFormula(), you will get the same output as MS-Excel. We have attached the output pdf for your reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Template.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

i am not getting.

are you going to fix it or telling me that somehting is wrong from my side?

Hi,

Well, it is MS-Excel bug and cannot be fixed by development team. If you do not use CalculateFormula() method, you will get correct output in pdf.

why would i not use calculateformula function.

i have to use it for lots of things so i cannot remove it.
please fix the pdf issue asap.

Hi,

We are afraid, XIRR function issue is related to MS-Excel and not Aspose.Cells. So it cannot be fixed by Aspose.Cells. Thanks for your understanding.

Please read all my comments.

Its working for output in excel and just not coming properly in PDF.
even in excel output print preview its coming correct. issue is with just pdf output.

Hi,

We are afraid, this issue cannot be fixed. If you want to get the correct output, please remove the workbook.CalculateFormula() method.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Template.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

your solution is not acceptable by me.

i have lots of pivots and formulas in other templates so i cannot remove the calcualeformula from my code.
please change the status from resolved to unresolved and get some fix for this issue.

rajendra

Hi,

We are afraid, the XIRR bug cannot be resolved. You can use calculateformula for other functions in your code and template files. However, you cannot use calculateformula for XIRR function in your template files.

please tell me the reason why?

i am repeating again and again that it works fine in excel output but not in pdf output.
so how can we say it cannot be solved.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

a) If you open excel output in MS Excel, MS Excel will re-calculate all formulas when opening the file, so you will get the result of MS Excel not Aspose.Cells.

b) If you call Workbook.CalculateFormula method and export the workbook to pdf file, the value(#REF!) calculated by Aspose.Cells will exported to pdf file.

c) As we said in the previous post, it’s bug of MS Excel. We could not know why MS Excel get such strange result. So we could work same as MS Excel and we think the result of Aspose.Cells is better than the result of MS Excel.