Excel with circular error's showing values instead of error string

Hi

When I have a report with some cells having circular errors.
When saved the workbook is displaying values instead of error value.
Thanks and Regards
Mukundan
Hi,

Please call Workbook.CalculateFormula() if you are saving to PDF format.

Also, please try using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.1.4

If you still find the issue, kindly attach your source Excel file and output file.

thank you.

Hi

The latest version dll also has this bug.
This is the code I have used:
Aspose.Cells.Workbook wBook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“TestReport1.xlsx”));
wBook.CalculateFormula();
wBook.Save(“TestFile.pdf”, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);
I have attached the excel file i have used.
Please look into this.
Thanks and Regards
Mukundan

Hi,

I think the output PDF is same as your template Excel file. I open your Excel file in Ms Excel and then check “Calculation Options” option which is set to Automatic. I click on “Calculate Sheet” and “Calculate Now” options again under Formula tab in Ms Excel, there is no change in the calculated values.

Thank you.

Hi Amjab,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I’m attaching the screen shot of the excel file from my machine.
Here you can see column B is showing different values in excel and PDF and cell F2 is coming in PDF as #DIV/0! error.
Actually what I want here is not to show exact values as we show in Excel, I want to know that, is there anyway we can get circular error cells with circular reference error rather than displaying incorrect values.
Because when I open the same file in owc this is my view. I clearly get the cells with Circular reference error.
I’m attaching the screenshot as well as the exported xml.
Thanks and Regards
Mukundan

Hi,

Thanks for your further screen shots.

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-41059 for your case. We need to investigate it a bit if this can be done. Our concerned developer will look into it soon. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.1.5 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41059) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi

The update has not fixed the issue. I’m still getting numeric values when cells have circular errors. Can I have a build which shows circular reference error instead of numeric value for those cells.
Thanks and Regards
Mukundan

Hi,

Well, I think Aspose.Cells works the same way to render PDF as Adobe plug-in for MS Excel does. For confirmation, I just opened your template Excel file and save it as PDF in MS Excel, please find attached the generated PDF file. The file is same as the file generated by Aspose.Cells APIs.

Sample code using Aspose.Cells APIs:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook wBook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“e:\test2\TestReport1.xlsx”);
wBook.Save(“e:\test2\Myfile.pdf”, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Thank you.