Excel (.xls) file instantiate issue (2161)

Hi,

I am writing to you about a problem we encountered in working with MSO Excel documents using the Aspose Cells for Java library (v 20.10.0).

Specifically, when we try to load an Excel document whose format type is “xls”, an (Runtime) exception is thrown with the message “Unable to instantiate Excel Document.”.
On the other hand, if the same document is saved in “xlsx” format using MSO Excel, it is loaded without any problems.

I am enclosing the zip file with test code, source files (.xls and .xlsx) and the picture of stack trace log.

In the hope that together we will quickly overcome the problem!
Best regards!

Nenad

Test code, source files and pic.zip (97.0 KB)

@zpredojevic,
We have observed this issue and logged it in our database for a detailed analysis. You will be notified here once any update is ready for sharing.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSJAVA-43769 - MSO Excel (XLS) document cannot be loaded

@zpredojevic,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@zpredojevic
Please try the latest fix .
aspose-cells-21.8.5-java.zip

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43769) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

@simon.zhao and @Amjad_Sahi

I would like to inform you that the reported problem does not reproduce after the application of version 21.9. Thanks!

Nenad

@zpredojevic,
Good to know that your issue is sorted out. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.