Excel95 - Excel 2003 file

I have an Excel file that I am trying to open using Aspose .Cells for .NET. When I call the CellsHelper.DetectFileFormat() method to determine the file type, it says that it is a Excel95 file so I can’t open it. But if I open the file in Excel 2003, and click on the SaveAs, it says the “Save as type” is a “Microsoft Office Excel Workbook (.xls)" file type. When I open a file that I know is a true Excel95 file and do a SaveAs, it will say the “Save as type” is "Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook (.xls)”. Do you know what might be causing this? Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Please send us your template file here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

I have attached the file.

Hi,

Apparently, it looks like your file does have Excel 95 or earlier records. But, when I open the file into MS Excel and do Save As, it does show if it is Excel 97-2003 file. We need to investigate the issue thoroughly. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40080.

We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

How did you create such file? The records in the file is not standard.

Anyways we will try to fix this issue.

Hi,

Please try the attached version v7.0.2.6, we have fixed your issue now.

Thank you.

The file was sent to us by a client. I don’t know how they created it.

Initial testing shows that this fixes the problem. Thank you for the quick resolution.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40080) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.