Exception being thrown when reading MPP file

Hi

I am running Aspose.Tasks version 3.3.0.0

When I try to read the attached plan I the Aspose.ProjectReader Read method throws a “Project reading exception.” exception.

Can you please tell me why this is happening.

TIA

Craig

Hi Craig,

I am really sorry as it is our old issue with MS Project MPP 2010 MPP files saved in old 2003/2007 formats. I have linked the issue to this forum thread too.

The issue is under development now, hope to fix it in next week (at least for MS Project 2007) and provide you with a temporary release.

Sorry again for your inconvenience.

Hi Sergey

Thanks for the prompt response.

Is there a workaround we can use in the meantime?

Craig

Hi Craig,

I can read the file if I convert it to MS Project 2010 MPP file back. See the result attached.

Hi Sergey

Just a nudge on this issue, is there a patch coming soon?

Craig

Hi Craig,

I have attached a temporary hot fix for the issue (Aspose.Tasks v.3.4.0.1). Please note, that the issue was fixed for MS Project 2007 MPP files only (created in MS Project 2010 and saved in MS Project 2007 format). For MS Project 2003 MPP files the issue is still under development.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Sergey

Thanks for the update, I think the most pressing issue for us was 2010 - 2007 but please keep me posted on the 2003 progress.

Craig

Dear Sergey

As part of my testing of the latest release I found that the attached plan fails to import with the same error, can you tell me if this is a plan saved from 2010 back into 2003?

TIA

Craig

Hi Craig,

Yes, the file was created in MS Project 2010 and saved in MS Project 2003 format. You can get the information using ProjectReader’s ReadProjectFileMethod (see documentation here).

We are going to fix the issue until end of the week.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Craig,

See the temporary hot fix attached.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13865) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.