Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Exception: Cannot find bookmark

I received the following error in my application. The document appears to have the CC bookmark in there, so I don't know what's wrong here. Can you please help me figure this out.

Thank you

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Could you please provide me code that will allow me to reproduce this issue? I tried to use the following code and all works fine on my side.

Document doc = new Document(@"Test170\11428.doc");

doc.Range.Bookmarks["CC"].Text = "test";

doc.Save(@"Test170\out.doc");

I use the latest version of Aspose.Words for testing.

Best regards.

Here is the exception message that I received

Aspose.Words.PleaseReportException: Exception 'Cannot find bookmark 'CC' in the document.' occured in Aspose.Words for .NET 5.1.0.0. For free technical support, please post this error and the file in the Aspose.Words Forums http://www.aspose.com/forums/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=75. at ՠ.ჩ.ჰ(Node ࠺, String ჭ) at Aspose.Words.Bookmark.get_BookmarkEnd() at Aspose.Words.Bookmark.Remove() at MTASP2Utilities.MTASP2TemplateMerger.MergeTemplates()

The code that is throwing the error is as follows

for (int i = _OutputDoc.Range.Bookmarks.Count - 1; i >= 0; i--)

_OutputDoc.Range.Bookmarks[i].Remove();

Thanks for additional information. If you need to remove all bookmarks from document then you can use the following code:

doc.Range.Bookmarks.Clear();

Also you can modify your code:

int count = doc.Range.Bookmarks.Count;

for (int i = 0; i < count; i++)

doc.Range.Bookmarks[0].Remove();

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

I changed the code to _OuputDoc.Range.Bookmarks.Clear() & it still threw the same error.

Why should this line of code even think there's a CC bookmark? How would I investigate this.

Thanks much

I can’t reproduce this issue on my side. Range.Bookmarks.Clear() works fine on my side. Maybe you attached a wrong document.

Best regards.