Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'Aspose.Words- Version=

I installed ASPOSE.Words on my VM ware virtual machine where I am running MS Visual Studio 2010. I loaded the correct reference for Aspose.words for 3.5.
I am getting the following error when executing my web part that contains code using Aspose.Words
Exception: Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Words, Version=13.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I made sure that the target framework in my properties is .net framework 3.5, and that my platform target is x64 since I am running SharePoint 2010 references.
I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled the Aspose.words dlls.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Most likely, this problem is occurring because you are simply replacing the latest Aspose.Words.dll with an old dll of Aspose.Words in Bin directory on server. To remedy this problem, please copy Aspose.Words 13.2.0 dll from ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Words for .NET\bin’ (folder where you installed Aspose.Words using MSI installer) to the Bin folder where you published your website. I hope, this helps.

PS: To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Details/Version tab. You will see File version.

Best regards,