Exception in gridDesktop when sheet contains a cell formatted as 'Accounting'

I am using GridDesktop and am not able to open an Excel file with a cell set to have ‘Accounting’ format, a null reference exception is thrown.

I have reproduced in your sample app by formatting one of the cells in ‘Sample.xlsx’ to have ‘Accounting’ formatting. If you then use the application to open the file the exception will be thrown and the application will close.

Thanks, Zoe

@zoe.w,

Could you please zip and share your template Excel file which you are importing into Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop matrix, we will check your issue soon.

Attached. One of the cells is accounting format. Thanks, Zoe

AccountingExcel.zip (7.2 KB)

@zoe.w,

Thanks for the template XLSX file.

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your template file. I found an exception “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” when importing the XLSX file (containing a cell having custom Accounting formatting) into Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop matrix.
e.g.
Sample code:

gridDesktop1.ImportExcelFile("e:\\test2\\Accounting1.xlsx");

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-51965” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

1 Like

@zoe.w,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue has been resolved now. The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v22.9) which is scheduled to be published before the end of this week. You will also be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-51965) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi