Exception: Index was out of range on saving PPTX to PDF (C# .NET)

We just purchased Aspose and ran into this issue with converting a power point. Please let us know if there is a work around available before an official fix as we wanted to use Aspose in our application by next week. I have attached the pptx file.

We are using version 15.11.0.0

Thanks!

Hi Harris,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the sample presentation shared by you. However, I am unable to understand the issue incurring on your end. Can you please share the sample code, generated output and issue details with us so that I may investigate the issue further to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for looking into this. Here is my code. My goal is to convert to PDF

using (Presentation pres = new Presentation(inputFile))

{

Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions opts = new Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions();

opts.SaveMetafilesAsPng = false;

opts.TextCompression = Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfTextCompression.None;

pres.Save(outputFile, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.PdfNotes);

}

My apologies, I may have uploaded the wrong power point. Please review this one. It came from the same master template.

Hi Harris,

Thank you for sharing the requested information. I have been able to observe the issue on my end and have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-37149 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

We hit another one of these problems…I think it was from the same master template. The strange thing I saw on these types was if you open it up in power point and choose the View Tab->Notes Pages there is some text at the bottom that is not shown in the actual notes view.

Hi Harris,

I have observed the comments shared by you and request you to please share the details of the issue in the form of snapshot describing issue, source presentation, generated presentation and used sample code. I will be able to investigate the issue further on my end once the requested information will be shared.

Many Thanks,

I’m not exactly sure what you are asking for. I already posted the PowerPoint and source code in the earlier posts. I will attach a screenshot of the interesting text location on the notes page.

Hi Harris,

I have observed the image shared by you and even observed the same view in presentations shared by you before. However, I am unable to understand what is missing as you shared there is some text at bottom that is not shown. I will really appreciate your help in explaining the issue so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issue is that this power point fails to convert to PDF using Aspose. The exception is
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

I was just letting you know we have more of these that are failing to convert to PDF and need a fix for it.

Hi Harris,

The issue of presentation failing to export to PDF has been added in our issue tracking system and is likely to get resolved in upcoming version. We will share the notification with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37149) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi JojoShua,

My customer has the same problem, but I do not have a document to reproduce the issue, do you have the problematic document that you can share with me to reproduce the issue? Thank you.

byang@pharos.co.nz

Regards,
Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I have observed your comments and like to share that the concerned issue has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.2.0 which has been released almost a year ago. Can you please try using the latest Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.1.0 on your end and share the feedback if the issue is incurring on your end. We will be glad to help you further.

Many Thanks,

Mudassir

We are facing the same issue and we are using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.1.0. Please advise.

Thanks
Anbu

Hi Anbu,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source presentation, environment details with us for further investigation.

Best Regards,