We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Exception is thrown when converting from specific xls to xlsx

Hi,

the exception “A null reference or invalid value was found” is thrown when the loaded specific xls file (with charts) is saved to xlsx one (see the attached specific file).
Used version: Aspose.Cells for .NET 16.10.0, checked on Windows 8.1 rus.

The code used:
{
var doc = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(inputFile);
doc.Save(outputFile); // the exception is thrown from the line
}

Best Regards,
Aleksey.

Hi,


Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have tested this issue with the following sample code using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.10.4.0 and found the memory exception.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

  • CELLSNET-44849 - Exception is thrown when converting from specific xls to xlsx

C#
Workbook wb = new Workbook(“ColorFill_3D_Cone_Chart_2003.xls”);
wb.Save(“out.xlsx”);

Exception
System.OutOfMemoryException was unhandled

Hi,


Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.10.8 (.NET 2.0 and .NET 4.0 compiled versions).

We have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-44849” now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,
thanks, I have tried the version Aspose.Cells v16.10.8 for .NET 4.0 you attached and verified that the file is converted for Windows.
But unfortunately it still throws the exception
“A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]” for Linux (Ubuntu 15.10 + mono 4.2.3.4).

Best Regards,
Aleksey.

Hi Aleksey,


Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We have reevaluated the scenario on Ubuntu 15.10 with Mono 4.2.1.102 and we are able to replicate the said exception on our side. In order to further investigate the matter, we have logged this incident as CELLSNET-44888 in our bug tracking system. Please spare us little time to properly evaluate the scenario and get back with updates in this regard.

Stack Trace:
System.ArgumentException: A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
at ​ . (System.String , Aspose.Cells.SaveOptions ) [0x0014e] in :0
at ​ . (System.String ) [0x0001d] in :0
at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.Save (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in :0
at Cells.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0001c] in /home/babar/Cells/Cells/Program.cs:12
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.10.10.0 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44849) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi, Shakeel,
Thanks for the fix - it really works for Linux and Windows (I have tried Aspose.Cells 16.11.0 for .NET 4.0).

The new question is the time needed to convert the file - it takes above 10 seconds on my machine having the processor Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz - and it is the Save operation that takes the time. Could the operation be optimized for time?

Best Regards,
Aleksey.

Hi Aleksey,


Thank you for sharing your feedback, and it is good to know that you are no longer experiencing the exception which was recorded earlier as CELLSNET-44888 in our database.

Regarding your recent concerns, I have evaluated the scenario on Windows as well as Ubuntu (against Mono 4.2.1.102). I have noticed that in Windows, the conversion process takes almost 8 seconds whereas in Mono (which is running under Ubuntu in a host virtual machine) the same process takes almost 14 seconds. I believe the difference could be due to the processing capability as only 2 processor cores have been assigned to the aforementioned virtual machine. Anyway, based on the Windows test results, I have logged an investigation under the ticket CELLSNET-44912 for product team’s review. Please spare us little time to further analyze the case and revert back with updates in this regard.

Hi,


Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v16.11.2

We have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-44912” in it now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44912) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,



thanks a lot - it converts now really fast - for Aspose.Cells 16.12.0 and 17.1.0.



Best Regards,

Aleksey.

Hi Aleksey,


Thank you for the confirmation. Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.