Exception on licensing call on Version 14.4

Hi,

We are using the Aspose.Words for .Net 13.12 integrated into to our application.
But when I tried to upgrade to version 14.4, I am getting an exception when I call SetLicense.

Is there any special I need to do on licensing on the newer version of dll?

Code snippet:

private static void LicenseAsposeWords()
{
    Aspose.Words.License licenseWords = new Aspose.Words.License(); 
    licenseWords.SetLicense("Aspose.Words.lic"); // This will get the license file from resource
}

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your inquiry.

***rsamveda@ramsoft.com**:

We are using the Aspose.Words for .Net 13.12 integrated into to our application.
But when I tried to upgrade to version 14.4, I am getting an exception when I call SetLicense.*

Could you please share the exception detail e.g Stack Trace and exception message?

***rsamveda@ramsoft.com**:

Is there any special I need to do on licensing on the newer version of dll?*

There is no special detail to apply the license. Please read the following documentation link.
https://docs.aspose.com/barcode/net/licensing/
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/licensing/

Please first remove Aspose.Words completely from your system. Then remove the reference to old Aspose.Word.dll from your project. Also, delete associated files from your project’s bin folder if present. Then install the latest version of Aspose.Word via msi installer. Add reference to this new DLL in your project and re-build it. Please let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help.

PS: To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Details/Version tab. You will see File version.

Hi Tahir,

Thank you for the support. I understood from the call stack that the lic file which we use expired the upgrade. But we have renewed our support license and I needed it to use the new lic file, which has fixed the problem.

thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback. It is nice to hear from you that your issue has been solved. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.