Exception on MailMerge

Hello!

I have problem with some MergeFields. When
I try to create document, I get exception.
Start
the test program and then you see the exception.

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

How
long do you need for troubleshooting because our customer is waiting on
it?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the problem by then or provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi, there are news?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. I added your request into my monthly report. This will push the issue up in the priority list. We will let you know once there is some progress with this issue.
Best regards,

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue still unresolved. We will keep you informed on any developments regarding this issue.
Best regards,

Hi,

we wait for troubleshooting since 3 months. When is it done?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Priority of this issue is increased. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,

We have scheduled this issue to be fixed in the next release around enf of August 2010. In the meantime the support team will try to see if there is a workaround for this issue possible.

Hi Christian,
Thanks for your inquiry. The issue occurs because of this merge field nested inside an If field:
``
Merging this set of fields will cause the exception when the merge field value contains an open parenthesis, which occurs in: dictionary.Add(“Person_Geburtsort”, “Buir (jetzt Kerpen)”);
This parenthesis causes no problems in a normal merge field, only in the merge field which is nested inside an IF field.
For the time being I suggest you try to convice your customer to either:

• Not use parentheses in that situation, or use a different type of bracket
    for the time being, i.e square brackets[]

• Rework the fields to remove the IF field all together. As it appears right now, the IF field is redundant and the same functionality can be achived by replacing the whole field with just “in {MERGEFIELD Person_Geburtsort)”

If neither of these work arounds will suffice for now please give us some feedback of what sort of changes the customer would be okay with and we will take another look.
Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16662) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(80)