Exception "Out of Bond" when converting PPTX to PDF using Aspose.Slides for Java

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Slides v18.5. Presentation object creation fails for the attached PPTX file.

Attachment:
PPT.zip (208.8 KB)

It was working fine with Aspose.Slides v18.1. This is a breaking change in v18.5 and we need an immediate fix for this.

Following exception occurs while creating presentation object:

class com.aspose.slides.PptxReadException: -1 —> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
— End of inner exception stack trace —
com.aspose.slides.abl.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.Presentation.if(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.Presentation.(Unknown Source)

Can you please analyse this issue and provide a fix for this asap.

Thanks,
Neha

@Neha_Gautam,

I have worked with source file shared by you using Aspose.Slides latest version 18.5 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-37109 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we may share the notification with you once issue will be fixed.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This issue is very critical for us and we need a fix for this asap. Can you please increase its priority and let me know a tentative date for when this issue will be resolved?

Thanks,
Neha

@Neha_Gautam,

I regret to share that the issue specified is not yet resolved. I also like to inform this issue has been added recently in our issue tracking system. Actually, in Aspose.Slides forum the issues are selected for investigation on first come first serve basis. Also the first priority for scheduling and resolution is given to paid Enterprise and priority support customers. Then Aspose.Slides normal or free support customers issues are scheduled and resolved on first come and first come serve basis. I will share the further information with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Hello,

This issue has been logged since 2 months and there has been no response on when it will be fixed.

This issue is a break in the last recent versions of aspose.slides (v18.5 onwards) and it was working fine in v18.1. Since it is a breaking change, it should be fixed on priority.

This issue is critical for us, so can you please look into this and let us know when can we expect a fix for this.

Thanks,
Neha

@Neha_Gautam,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform this issue is going to resolved tentatively in Aspose.Slides for Java 18.9. We will share good news with you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37109) have been fixed in this update.