Exception "Unsupported Moniker type" when loading PPT file using Aspose.Slides for .NET

Hi,

When i try to open a powerpoint file 2003, it threw an exception “Unsupported Moniker type”.

My code when try to open PPT file:

Presentation presentation1 = new Presentation(inputPptFile);

I’m using Aspose Slides 16.12.1.0

Thanks,
Dung H.Nguyen

@dunghnguyen,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please share the source presentation reproducing the issue. Before that, I request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.2 on your end as well before sharing the requested information with us.

sample.zip (1.4 MB)

Hi,

I tried with lastest Aspose Slides for .NET is Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.2 but the issue still happen.

I attached sample file into this reply.

Thanks,
Dung H.Nguyen

@dunghnguyen,

I have observed the issue shared by you and have been able to reproduce the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-39901 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

I’m glad to hearing good news from you.

Thanks,
Dung H.Nguyen

Hi @Adnan.Ahmad,

Is there any good news?

Thanks,
Dung H. Nguyen

@dunghnguyen,

I have observed your comments. I like to share that this issue is going to be resolved tentatively in Aspose.Slides 18.4. We will share good news with you soon.

@Adnan.Ahmad
Do you have an ETA of the release Aspose.Slides 18.4?

Thanks,
Dung Nguyen

@dunghnguyen,

The concerned release shall be available by end of April 2018. We will share intimation with you as soon as the product will be shared online.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz, as this fix is very important to our product, is there any chance we can get the fix earlier? For example, a hot fix?

Best regards,
Dung Nguyen

@dunghnguyen,

I regret to share that the issue has just been fixed and before that we have finalized Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.3 release. If there is any hotifix planned after release of Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.3, we will be glad to share the intimation with you. However, the hotfix are created for specific Paid Support customer issues on their explicit requests for their concerned issue. We request for your patience till the time the release is available online.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz,

Thanks for sharing the info.
As this issue is important to our product. I would like to by a Paid Support.
Can you please instruct me what I should do to get Paid support?
For example:

1. Do I need to by a Paid Support package?
  2. Or I just need to buy the product and I will be supported?

Thank you for you help.
Regards,
Dung Nguyen

@dunghnguyen,

I suggest you to please visit this Paid Support section link for available options. You further need to contact Aspose.Purchase forum in order to avail the requested support. Secondly, buying product does not make you entitled for paid support as bother are different.

Hi,

Can you please share the release date of Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.3?
I want to make sure that the issue here would be included in the release 18.3. Can you please check again and confirm it?

Thank you very much for your kind support.
Regards

@dunghnguyen,

Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.3 has been released on 01, April 2018. However, your issue has been marked as resolved in upcoming Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.4, which will tentatively be shared by end week of April 2018.

@mudassir.fayyaz, may I have the release date for Aspose Slides 18.4? I have not seen it yet…

@dunghnguyen,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that Aspose.Slides 18.4 will be tentatively released at the end of this week. We will share good news with you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-39901) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz