Exception when using NotesStorageFacility

Using the following code and Aspose.Email 19.11 (it did it in 19.10 too) I get an exception. All the NSF files I have tried it on are quite old (circa 2008) so that might be a factor.

Code

private static void IterateUsingAspose(string diskPath)
	{
		using (var nsf = new NotesStorageFacility(diskPath))
		{
			foreach (var eml in nsf.EnumerateMessages())
			{
				Console.WriteLine(eml.Subject);
				total++;
			}
		}
	}

Exception

System.OverflowException

HResult=0x80131516
Message=Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
Source=Aspose.Email
StackTrace:
at #=zlx_EBwCRJiaHW5IP8l1gMA8pnm5d.#=zeCTK8RYsdw17(Byte[] #=zddsGMuY=, Int32 #=zXhVXMy4=, #=zXuiFCJB8w0WtrZZeT_L9WKmjE8I$qk9utA== #=z9BBNnFM=)
at #=zlx_EBwCRJiaHW5IP8l1gMA8pnm5d.#=zs47TjwA=(Byte[] #=zN5VrMRI=, BinaryReader #=zsRtwXmY=, List`1 #=zF0UOxE2eRktt)
at #=zUbeY_exUIAbCvg6c7OwuIX7IVDRf.#=z8yl7gC8=(Int32 #=zIXhlN$WTiXxM, #=zTsQ3$szrdb9574aisJQjhzdNUnX4ORcjDA== #=zzjQm5xbBOHFB, BinaryReader #=zsRtwXmY=)
at #=zd5i4noQFy3unpAu23o$Orj6lA9BWx2xl1A==.#=z8yl7gC8=(Int32 #=zt8cGoNs=)
at #=zd5i4noQFy3unpAu23o$Orj6lA9BWx2xl1A==.#=zrN9tpOKenxzv.MoveNext()
at LotusNotesExtractor.Program.IterateUsingAspose(String diskPath) in C:\dev\edt\edt\Source\Utilities\LotusNotesExtractor\Program.cs:line 44
at LotusNotesExtractor.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\dev\edt\edt\Source\Utilities\LotusNotesExtractor\Program.cs:line 25

@phaselden,

Can you please share source file so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Here is a sample NSF which demonstrates the problem. This file is to be only used to identify and resolve the source of the exception. As soon as you have completed this investigation, please ensure that all copies of this file on your network are destroyed.

SampleNSF.zip (8.7 MB)

@phaselden,

I have worked with the sample file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID EMAILJAVA-34627 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

1 Like

Should that be EMAILNET rather than JAVA?

@phaselden,

You are absolutely right. I have associated the thread with ticket EMAILNET-39668. We will share the notification with you once the issue will be addressed.

Is there any update on this please? I tried 20.2 and it still seemed to have the issue.

@phaselden,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that tentative ETA for the issue is Aspose.Email for .NET 20.4. We request for your patience and will update you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

1 Like

Is there any status update on this one please?

@phaselden,

I regret to share that at present the issue is unresolved. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as issue will be fixed.