Exceptions on loading valid Excel file - every time

We’re using VS 2010 and you need to have the Debug -> Exceptions -> Common Language Runtime Exceptions turned on.

We’re still waiting on a fix for this.

Hi,

We could not get any exception with your sample project "AposeCellsProblem" when saving the xls file if we only turn on "Debug -> Exceptions -> Common Language Runtime Exceptions".

It's so strange.

a)Could you share us the snapshot of "Tools->Options->Debugging->General"?

b)Could you share us the exception's StackTrace,not only the meesage of the exception?

There isn’t a more complete stack trace for something like this that occurred in a DLL where the source is not available. The extent of it is at hashtable.insert.

Hi,

Thanks for providing more screen shots and further details, We will have a look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please download and try: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.6

We have removed some Hashtable.Add in saving the file.

Still getting the exception.

It’s being caused by a key of ‘0’ being added to a dictionary more than once, as the exception states. It is not from directly manipulating a Hashtable so if you have any code doing that; that’s not the source of the problem.

Hi,

Please run the AposeCellsProblem project with the attacehd debug version, some logs will be exported to c:\log.txt.

Please post c:\log.txt here, then we can find where the exception throws as we could not get it in our develop machine

Here’s the file.

Hi,

Thanks for the log file, we will investigate it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your log file.

But the exception is out of our imaging. We could not get where it throws exception from log file.

Please try the attached debug version, we have added more log info.

Here is another version of the log file.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the needed log file, we will look into it and get back to you asap.

Any update?

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no update for you at the moment.

I have logged your comment though and we will provide you update in next week because related developers are on holidays.

Hi,

It's very strange.

We think the file should be generated fine without any exception after checking the log file.

Did you run the project in debug mode?

I cannot run it in debug mode because it tries to write the log file to the c:\ drive. It needs administrator privileges in order to do that so I have to use the executable directly.

If you make the log file write to ./ instead of c:\ I’ll be able to run it in debug mode.

Hi,

We have logged your feedback/suggestion in our database.

We will get back to you asap.

Hi,

Please try the attached debug version.

We have changed log file to "./log.txt".

Here is the new log.txt. I ran in debug mode, and got the exception.

Hopefully the log means something useful to you. It does not contain a stack trace so I’m not sure if it will be helpful. Can I suggest that you go into whatever catch blocks are in the saving code and write their contents to the log file? (It’s generally good practice to log exceptions in the first place).