Exceptions on loading valid Excel file - every time

Hi,

FYI:

1) Debug -> Exceptions, if they are selected, all Exception in the project will be thrown when debugging project, even they are in try …catch.

2) Tools -> options ->Enable .Net Framework source stepping and Debug ->Exceptions , if it’s selected, all Exception in the referenced dlls will be thrown when debugging project, even they are in try …catch.

We have found your mentioned first issue, but could not find the last two issue when it’s selected. We will fix the first issue.

But we catch many inner exception in Aspose.Cells and could not remove all of them, could you please unselect it?

No, I cannot unselect it. My whole point is that my team uses that feature of Visual Studio quite extensively. We need the debugger to break so we can debug our own code!!

1) I’ll reiterate this point - you should not be throwing and catching inner exceptions as part of your normal program logic. It’s inefficient (slow), it’s bad programming style, and it causes the debugger to stop whenever they’re thrown.

2) It is related to file format. The exceptions are occurring for only .xls files. Not for .xlsx.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have logged your comment in our database. Development team will look into it further and we will update you asap.

Hi,

Please try this fix: Aspose.Cells7.0.3.4 For .NetClient

We have fixed the issue of opening the file.

Great!

There is still an exception thrown and caught upon calling workbook.Save(“test.xls”) however.

Also, has this fix been pushed into the full version library as well? Our applications don’t target the Client Profile so we don’t need that version.

Hi,

"There is still an exception thrown and caught upon calling workbook.Save(“test.xls”) however."
Could you give us more details about the exception, also give us your screen shot in debug mode etc. We will look into it soon.

And, yes, our next official release of the product would include the functionality of this fix.

Hi,

Thanks for your screenshot. I hope, it will be helpful in further looking into this problem.We have also logged it in our database.

Have you guys made any progress in resolving this issue yet?

Hi,

We could not find the exceptions of saving xls file.

Coud you share us some snapshots about VS debug settings and VS version?

We’re using VS 2010 and you need to have the Debug -> Exceptions -> Common Language Runtime Exceptions turned on.

We’re still waiting on a fix for this.

Hi,

We could not get any exception with your sample project "AposeCellsProblem" when saving the xls file if we only turn on "Debug -> Exceptions -> Common Language Runtime Exceptions".

It's so strange.

a)Could you share us the snapshot of "Tools->Options->Debugging->General"?

b)Could you share us the exception's StackTrace,not only the meesage of the exception?

There isn’t a more complete stack trace for something like this that occurred in a DLL where the source is not available. The extent of it is at hashtable.insert.

Hi,

Thanks for providing more screen shots and further details, We will have a look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please download and try: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.6

We have removed some Hashtable.Add in saving the file.

Still getting the exception.

It’s being caused by a key of ‘0’ being added to a dictionary more than once, as the exception states. It is not from directly manipulating a Hashtable so if you have any code doing that; that’s not the source of the problem.

Hi,

Please run the AposeCellsProblem project with the attacehd debug version, some logs will be exported to c:\log.txt.

Please post c:\log.txt here, then we can find where the exception throws as we could not get it in our develop machine

Here’s the file.

Hi,

Thanks for the log file, we will investigate it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.