Excessive heap usage

I am trying to convert epub files to a pdf file using AsposePDF java 20.8. These epub files are less than 1MB but the heap allocation is about 2GB. I have tried multiple epub files. This kind of memory allocation makes your AsposePDF completely unviable for our use-case. Please help.

Code being used:

EpubLoadOptions options = new EpubLoadOptions();
Document epubDocument = new Document(inputStream, options);
epubDocument.save(pdfFilePath, com.aspose.pdf.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Here, one of the sample I have used
PrincessOfMars-EPUB3.epub.zip (577.1 KB)

@wopovi9286

We have tested the scenario in our environment while using Aspose.PDF for Java 20.9 and were able to notice the memory allocation was 2GB. Therefore, we have logged an issue as PDFJAVA-39777 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. We will work over minimizing the memory consumption of the API and keep you informed about the status of ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi any update on this issue?

@wopovi9286

The issue was recently logged in our issue tracking system and is pending for analysis at the moment. It will be investigated and resolved on first come first serve basis. We will surely inform you as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution. Please have patience and give us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @asad.ali, Is it possible to provide an ETA for a resolution of this issue?

@wopovi9286

We are afraid that we are not in a position to provide some reliable ETA at the moment. The ticket is not yet fully investigated and as soon as it is analyzed, we will be able to share some news with you in this regard. We will surely post updates within this forum thread once the ticket is investigated. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Any update regarding this? Its been well over a year and a half.

@wopovi9286

We really afraid that the ticket could not get resolved due to other pending issues in the queue. Furthermore, the ticket is also complex in nature as it is performance related. Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely inform you as soon as we have some news about ticket resolution or ETA. We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.

We apologize for the inconvenience.