ExecuteWithRegions table

I have a few questions about the ExecuteWithRegions command:

1. If I repeat the same table in the document, it seems to populate only the first instance of the table. Is this desired behavior or a bug? If I want to repeat the ExecuteWithRegions command for every instance of my table, is there a way to determine when I have populated all of them?

2. If my repeated section is not within a Word table, it seems to add a page break after each record. Is there a way to keep the sections adjacent with no page break?

3. I have seen other posts where you state that nested merge regions are not supported yet. Do you plan to support them in the future, and do you have a schedule for when this would be released?

Hi,

1. Curently there is no direct way to determine how many tables are left unfilled but we admit that the proper behaviour for Aspose.Word would be populating all the similar tables, not one like it does now, so we will change this in the future. In the meantime you can query for the merge fields collection (see MailMerge.GetFieldNamesEx) and if it’s empty, finish the loop. Unfortunately, this workaround will fail if you have merge fields prepared for other mail merge operations.
  2. This can happen if the very last paragraph mark in the document is repeated along with the region. This mark has special meaning in Word, it is actually end of section, not end of paragraph. So repeating it causes creation multiply sections that by default start from new page. In general, this could be avoided by adding an extra paragrapgh break after end of the repeatable region.
  3. There is no progress related to nested regions yet. However, the new object model we’re working on will be released soon and contain many improvements so you might be able to work the issue around.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 39) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(105)