Existing Pivot Table Data Source Modification

Hi There,

How can I change data source of existing pivot table? I could not find pivottable.changeDataSource method. If this is correct method could you please provide examples?

And can we add javadocs for aspose cells api in IDE (netbeans)?

I am using aspose cells version 7.0.0

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Probably, this method is not available in the older version. You should download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java 8.1.0 to use this method i.e (PivotTable.changeDataSource())

You can use this method like the following code.

pivotTable.changeDataSource(new String[]{ “=Sheet3!$A$1:$B$11” });

In Eclipse, you can open Java Build Path and the click the Libraries tab and from there you can specify the Javadoc location of any JAR as shown in the following screenshot. Netbeans procedure should be similar, you can search on internet how to specify Javadoc location in Netbeans.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Actually I am not able to use aspose 8.1.0 version. I am adding it in the same way I am doing for version 7.0 but not working. May be it is the java platform…is latest version compatible with jdk 1.7 or 1.6?

Hi Amrit,

Yes, the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.1.0 is fully compatible with JDK 1.6 & 1.7. We would suggest you to upgrade your project to accommodate the latest build of Aspose.Cells for Java. In case you hit a snag, please feel free to write back, and we will try our best to help you out at earliest possible.

There is a plugin in netbeans to use aspose APIs. With its help I am able to use the latest ver of aspose cells but but still could not find java doc. I know it might be annoying for you but could you as please use aspose API in netbeans for aspose cells and import java doc and then let me know how you did?

It is really frustrating as I have to look up on the internet for details on every method I need without java doc.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Amrit,

Sorry for a bit delayed response.

Please find attached the JavaDoc for Aspose.Cells for Java 8.1.0 in an archive. Please note, the archive contains the Html based API Reference guide that is also available in Aspose.Cells for Java package when downloaded from Aspose download section.

In order to import these docs in Netbeans IDE, please follow the instructions provided as follow,

1. Right click on your project and select Properties.
  2. Select the Libraries from Categories pane.
  3. Select the aspose-cells-8.1.0.jar from the Compile-time Libraries pane.
  4. Click Edit.
  5. For JavaDoc, click Browse and select the doc.zip file attached with this post.
  6. JavaDoc has been set. You are good to go!

We have also attached the snapshots for better elaboration.

Thanx Guys, u r life saviors !!!

Its all working now :slight_smile:

Hi Amrit,

Good to know that you are up and running again. Please feel free to write back in case you require our further assistance.