Existing SSRS Report Export with Aspose Excel Export and Formula

We are considering your Aspose SSRS product.

We have many SSRS reports already created in visual studio and many of them have calculations in the header on each column.

I have downloaded a trial version of the product and used the syntax indicated to get formulas to export, but they are not exporting, and they show only as text.

If we purchase this product, will all the SSRS reports need to be rewritten in your excel report writer, to get this formula export functionality to work?

If so, do you provide a converter for the original rdl file, to open in your report writer?

I have tried to open the rdl with the excel add in, but the report does not show in excel, I may need some additional installation information, or connection information from excel to SSRS.

What is the format of the Report server URL and DoMain, if the install is local, I am not able to preview any reports from the excel addin?

Thanks

Sue

Hi,

If you have done automatic installation of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services and you are getting error, then you should go for manual installation.

Please refer to this document: Installing Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services > Using DLL Only

Please provide your .RDL report and the export in Excel and PDF. We will investigate this issue.

Hi ,

We have checked your issue.

1) Please tell us which Visual Studio version and business intelligence version you are using? Post report define file (*.rdl ) for here.

If your business intelligence version for SSRS 2008 R2 in Visual Studio 2008, please manual copy the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Dll (for SSRS 2008 R2 ) into the following path : ${ Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0}\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies.

Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Dll(for SSRS 2008 R2 ) is at following path : ${Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services install folder}\Bin\SSRS2008R2.

If they still are not exporting, please post your report define file( *.rdl ) . We will check it and solve it ASAP.

2) Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer only get part of information (data set, data sources …) of report define file which is created by other report designer tools. But the Aspose.Cells.Renderer for Reporting Services is actually an implementation of Microsoft Reporting Services Rendering Extension. It can render RDL reports designed by both Visual Studio and Aspose.Cells.Report.Designer.

So we think that you do not need to rewrite all report at present.

Please post the report define file which are not exporting here, we will check it and solver it soon.

3) Now, we cannot provide converter for original rdl file.

But it is a good suggestion, we will consider to develop new tool for the conversion.

4) Please refer to the preview of the document for user guide.

Thank you.